Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next

edyk

Raider

ENTRIES CLOSED

Two Euro tournaments seem to be under way already and having missed out i've decided to create a new one for those that would like to join. We'll stick by similar rules as other tournies

The tournament works as follows:

You join as a team. Preferably with guys you know before hand, but not neccesarily. (Be aware that you will be losing a lot of games if one of your teammates bails out.) A team is three players.

We play on Stirlings Europe map: http://weewar.com/map/38316 The teams are always BRP vs GWY

Every team plays each other TWICE at first (so you will both be blue) and 1 point award for a win... YOU CANNOT DECLARE PEACE. Once everyone has played eachother each team is given a rank based on points, 1 will 8 2vs 7 etc, winners go through losers go out. So even if you lose all of the games in the first round you can still win the tournament, consider it a building exercise with your teammates.

Matches should be played with 1 day timelimits. Blue player decides if the game is rated or not.
I randomly decide who start out as BRP and GWY in first round.

We start playing august 21st. That should give everyone time to get a team together and make the needed space in the HQ.

You join the tournament be posting your team as an answer to this topic saying that you want to join (I will edit this post accordingly.)

I guess that is it. Post questions on anything I left out.

Hope some (or lots) of you want to play

Teams ( 8 )

Team 1

vttruck, egobruiser, mojoe

Team 2

conrey, MrArmaggedon, Whatrocks11

Team 3

TheNapkin
johnmd20
Oxen

Team 4

nosaj
skywalkre
baldwin

Team 5

McCall, MissUran and DeathByBeaver

Team 6

edyk, drdrew, juffe

Team 7

awen
cgreeno
Katakana

Team 8

Beibin
VonBastard
Blendoh

Players (not in a team)

Round
I 7 vs 6 1 vs 5 2 BEAT 4 3 vs 8

II 6 vs 5 7 vs 4 1 vs 3 2 vs 8

III 5 BEAT 4 6 vs 3 7 vs 2 1 vs 8

IV 4 vs 3 5 vs 2 6 vs 1 7 vs 8

V 3 vs 2 4 vs 1 5 vs 7 6 vs 8

VI 2 vs 1 3 vs 7 4 vs 6 5 vs 8

VII 1 vs 7 2 vs 6 3 vs 5 4 vs 8

SECOND LOOP

I 6 vs7 5 vs1 4 vs2 8 vs 3

II 5 vs 6 4 vs 7 3 vs 1 8 vs 2

III 4 vs 5 3 vs 6 2 vs 7 8 vs 1

IV 3 vs 4 2 vs 5 1 vs 6 8 vs 7

V 2 vs 3 1 vs 4 7 vs 5 8 vs 6

VI 1 vs 2 7 vs 3 6 vs 4 8 vs 5

VII 7 vs 1 6 vs 2 5 vs 3 8 vs 4

ENTRIES CLOSED

This message was edited 28 times. Last update was at 12/09/2009 19:28:38

Beibin

Trooper

I'd like to participate.

By the way, August 14th is only 9 days from now! I think we need more time. How many open slots should we have in our HQ, exactly?

I don't have a team at the moment, but I'll look into that.

edyk

Raider

Sure ill extend it to the 21st then that should be plenty of time, ill put you down once you get a team together Belbin

Beibin

Trooper

Alright!

DeathByBeaver

Raider

OFF TOPIC: The two other europe tournament are actually just one tournament spread over two topics.

I would very much like to play this way - as a team of friends. However I don't think I can manage until the other tournament is over.

Hope you will have a fun and exciting tournament

edyk

Raider

Sure mate, hopefully I can get enough people to join! Spread the word

RockyDog

Berserker

vttruck, egobruiser, mojoe would like to join this tourney.

Shulgin

Tank

vttruck, egobruiser, mojoe, edyk, beibin

that's 5 players and i'm pretty sure cgreeno would be up for this tournament as well. how about adding 2 teams to our tournament (one team each division)? it had only just begun. i doubt you would find another 18 players for the 2nd tournament anytime soon...

edit: vttruck = rockydog, missed that. how about asking the other top 15 players quickly? or rahl?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2009 01:05:52

RockyDog

Berserker

are you looking for individual players or teams? we had thought you were looking for full teams to join.

read through the other euro tourney thread. there were players asking to join. i know streen and another saw it too late to get in.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2009 01:58:52

edyk

Raider

Its easier to have teams, but if people just ask I can put them down, and then maybe on this forum people can decidewho wants to play with who.

Antipop

Raider

I would really really like to play in such a tournament, especially in a way chosen for the other one, where teams are balanced with high rated players as leaders. It's an ingenious idea. However, I'll be probably offline for last two weeks of August. It's a pity you started / are starting these tournaments in the middle of a vacation season.
You could wait until September.

edyk

Raider

Im happy to start in September if everyone is ok with that? Say Septmeber 3rd??

edyk

Raider

Shulgin wrote:vttruck, egobruiser, mojoe, edyk, beibin

that's 5 players and i'm pretty sure cgreeno would be up for this tournament as well. how about adding 2 teams to our tournament (one team each division)? it had only just begun. i doubt you would find another 18 players for the 2nd tournament anytime soon...

edit: vttruck = rockydog, missed that. how about asking the other top 15 players quickly? or rahl?

Well if Antipo plays aswell thats 6, I wouldnt mind entering the other tournament, but im sure by septmeber I can get another 18. Im happy to do both after all I can play 15 games at once so its not impossible to play two tournies.

I would ask the top 15 players except with no darn messaging system on this game it makes it very hard.

Antipop

Raider

edyk wrote:
I would ask the top 15 players except with no darn messaging system on this game it makes it very hard.

In fact it's not so difficult. You just invite the person you'd like to talk with to a game. And talk in chat. You can even make a chat private.

edyk

Raider

true say, ill do that later today then

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next