Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next

Galois

Raider

VonBastard wrote:
Galois wrote:

A more liberal definition (like, say, the one found at wikipedia), which allows using the term "censorship" when any owner of a forum, or his agent, locks a thread, then yeah, we've had censorship. Under this definition there's really nothing wrong with censorship.

Really, interesting sentiment there RockyDog. I seem to recall from history class a group of people that felt the same way. What were they called again, I forget, oh yes, I remember, FASCIST!

If you read my post, you'll note that I specifically did not say that government censorship is acceptable.

What I did say is that the owner of a forum may do whatever he pleases with that forum. And, to call it censorship is bound to cause some adverse reactions. It's not imprecise, just a little irresponsible, in my opinion.

I'll let you fix your quote, if you care to.

VonBastard

Tank

Typical liberal response, "it's not censorship when we do it."

Galois

Raider

VonBastard wrote:Typical liberal response, "it's not censorship when we do it."

Wow. Now that there was an amazing leap.

So, first, I didn't censor anything. I don't know from whence came the "we" in your post. It's not any group to which I belong.

Nextly, I never implied that censorship didn't happen. I merely quibbled a bit over the definition.

And last, in my experience, typical Liberals (I am, at my own risk, inferring from context that you meant "Liberal") do not hesitate to call it censorship when they believe they are correct. I never agree with a typical Liberal when he believes censorship is correct and have never given any reason to believe that I do.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

I think people are confusing beer and speech freedoms.

I should never have posted here and I said I wouldn't further, but I felt I needed to say that the mods are good people, who do a good job, with the best intentions. They're not perfect; I'm sure our philosophies are not exactly congruent; I'm sure note everyone will agree with their decisions all the time. But to suggest along the lines above is simply a huge undeserved insult to them. It is low and petty.

I don't consider hammering nails into your own cross a sign of sanity!

Galois

Raider

CaptainCupcake wrote:I think people are confusing beer and speech freedoms.

Ain't that the way these things go?

=)

VonBastard

Tank

Freedom must be fought for continuously. If I didn't jump on people the minute I smell censorship, they would quickly get out of control and soon we would need permission to change the color of the paint on our doors. You think I'm kidding but I'm not. I've seen it first hand. Just look to your local home owners association.

RockyDog

Berserker

VonBastard wrote:Really, interesting sentiment there RockyDog. I seem to recall from history class a group of people that felt the same way. What were they called again, I forget, oh yes, I remember, FASCIST!

VB - You'd do better if you kept track of who was saying what.

The point I was trying to make is that censorship has to occur in order to get pissed off that you've been censored. No censoring has occurred here. There was another group that claimed oppression when none truly happened.... But that little boy cried wolf too many times.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2009 19:14:09

Galois

Raider

*sigh*

It's just not any fun when the troll makes it so easy...

VonBastard

Tank

Galois can bite my furry ass.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2009 19:19:04

Galois

Raider

VonBastard wrote:Galois can bite my furry ass.

Can not.

RockyDog

Berserker

VonBastard wrote:Galois can bite my furry ass.

You have a furry ass? Didn't realize burros had fur.
Nor humans.
what freakish kind of ass do you have? hamster? dog? sheep? wierd.

VonBastard

Tank

Grizzly - Grawl Bitches!!

Nature_God

Tank

maybe he has a bum transfusion... his ass got burnt in a fire and there was no skin replacement so they use rabbit fur ???

Warmaker

Berserker

VonBastard wrote:Freedom must be fought for continuously. If I didn't jump on people the minute I smell censorship, they would quickly get out of control and soon we would need permission to change the color of the paint on our doors. You think I'm kidding but I'm not. I've seen it first hand. Just look to your local home owners association.

Aren't the rich ones the ones with Home Owners Associations? I always had VonB pegged for a rich kid. His parents, or at least his mom, since his dad ran off, would have showered him with attention. THAT'S why he's trollish. He thinks everyone cares about what he thinks. It makes sense now.

Too bad VonB's never contributed to any real cause in his life. His alleged "combating censorship" probably resulted in two very angry-worded letters to the editor in Better Homes & Gardens.

RockyDog

Berserker

All I know is that having a second spam thread will totally help me get two forum zerks before anyone else

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next