Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

Poll results: Shoud/can the wee-community buy and develop Weewar?

Yes, and I'll pay to play 34% [ 41 ]
Yes, and I'll help 21% [ 26 ]
Yes, but it sounds impossible 14% [ 17 ]
Maybe - depends on the price and the skills required/on hand 21% [ 25 ]
No, bad idea - we'd just make a mess of it 5% [ 6 ]
No, let it die 5% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 121

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next

Casaubon

Tank

what kajah maker of weebot said about this initiative

Daithi

Raider

So what's going on then. Has/can someone poke EA for a response, or a hint of time scale ?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I've poked EA for a response over the weekend. Hope to hear something soon.

DirtStyx

Tank

I voted that I would pay to play and it is for this reason.....

I have faith in the people that know how to make it happen. I have been gone for a long time, but when I was lured back (it involved a Mexican beer, rohypnol and Darkbee) I see that all of my old friends are still here trying to keep this game alive. Two years and counting and Spadequack, McMonster, and DB are still here and very capable. On top of that, I see a good number of new people that have become excited for this game IN SPITE of all the bugs. These people weren't even here when the game was good and they still enjoy it and the community. Keep it up everyone! I'm useless so I can't offer anything unless you have a sidewalk to pour, or a wall to build.

Daithi

Raider

So how long do we keep waiting, 3 months, 6 months, a year? It's seems to me EA have had plenty of time already to come up with something. It's time to move and make something happen. Who's with me?

thuldai

Raider

Yeah, agreed, Spadequack?!? Any news whatsoever?

Daithi: High time you finish your oh-so-awesome game, so we can all move over there. Quick!

Daithi

Raider

As much as I'd love to do that, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's going to take me ages. Things are moving along but the result won't really be like weewar in more than a general sense. I have a whole different direction now and not enough time to work on it.

thuldai

Raider

So Daithi is only better than EA in the sense that he actually TELLS US that it'll take ages. That's actually appreciated.

I don't mind at all if it's NOT like Weewar. As many others have said around here it might be time to find something new. And then something new again. And again. And then maybe isowar. To be seen.

TD

spadequack

Heavy Tank

No news. Alex is on parental leave. I'm still trying to figure out where things stand on their end, but they're slow to respond.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Alex has had a wee-one? That's great!

McMonster

Tank

spadequack wrote:No news. Alex is on parental leave. I'm still trying to figure out where things stand on their end, but they're slow to respond.

cool. congrats to Alex! yeah for new life and hope in the world!!!

thank you for continuing to try Spade. does Alex on leave mean that whatever plan EA was holding off on announcing is on hold until he is back?

...in the meantime, things seem to be relatively stable and mellow in weeland.

battle on ladies and gentlemen

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 18/10/2011 19:22:26

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I am going to guess that the project is not progressing while he is on leave, which is really unfortunate. He was the main driver of his idea, and I doubt much time and energy will be put onto it without his support and check-ins. He is on leave until the end of November. My guess is that we won't hear back anything final until January. Kinda depressing, actually. But Weewar keeps churning on without major hiccups, which is always good.

Update: I got a reply basically confirming this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/10/2011 05:13:57

McMonster

Tank

thank you for the update spade!

JanRoman

Raider

Well, I believe recreating the whole system from scratch would be much quicker than this. But of course, it would require a lot of time and good programmers.

alupa

Raider

Well holy hell, I go on hiatus and the Weeworld falls to pieces.

To whom should I talk to regarding the current Weewar status? As much as I would love to read through 8 pages of forum posts, three external site forums and fourteen months of history that I've missed, I think I'd just like to hear what's up from the horse's mouth. Make no mistake, this is not a casual inquiry, so the more official the representative, the better.

I realize that Alex would normally be this person, but as he is away with child, who's next in line now that Bert is MIA? I'd like to set up a game/chat with whoever is the most viable, and informed, community representative.

Any thoughts?

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next