Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Monkey_Guevara

Trooper

A while ago I stopped receiving email notifications from Weewar when it's my turn to play. The email address in my account settings is valid and email notifications are turned on in all of my current games. What gives?

Q

Antipop

Raider

Maybe your ISP implemented too strict antispam rules that block all e-mails sent by robots, including those from Weewar.

Daphron

Raider

I stopped recieving them for a while and finaly got them marked as spam. Then a month or so after they stopped appearing in my spam folder also.

kersplat

Raider

@quentin - did you happen to install the Weewar Suite Greasemonkey script? That by default will turn off email notifications.

Antipop

Raider

kersplat wrote:@quentin - did you happen to install the Weewar Suite Greasemonkey script? That by default will turn off email notifications.

Didn't you read his post? "email notifications are turned on in all of my current games"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/06/2009 08:35:28

Darkbee

Berserker

Play nice boyz!

I recall somewhere on the forums that users with a certain a German email provider have always had difficulties receiving emails (gmx.de was it?). Maybe overly aggressive spam filters, not sure.

If your mail provider has some kind of white-list feature then I'd make use of it. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can do short of using a different email address.

kersplat

Raider

Antipop wrote:
kersplat wrote:@quentin - did you happen to install the Weewar Suite Greasemonkey script? That by default will turn off email notifications.

Didn't you read his post? "email notifications are turned on in all of my current games"

It's called a clarifying question Antipop. Anybody with any kind of technical background, especially support, knows it helps to verify/calrify certain points.

Besides that, it's generally not in good form to be an ass to somebody trying to help.

Sorry Bee - I couldn't let that go unanswered.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/06/2009 02:43:05

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

I had stopped getting my WeeWar emails too, so I checked my spam filter, tuns out gmail was marking emails from WeeWar (and a few from facebook) as spam

Marking them as not spam should fix the problem