Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Hal2000

Raider

Does anyone still talk to Pluto? It would be much appreciated if he would be willing to update his Weewar Battle Simulator with the new changes and units that coming to weewar soon.

If he isn't willing to update the Weewar Battle Simulator, does anyone else plan on recreating it? I really hope so.

VTTruck

Berserker

Check out weemorewar.com I think they have a copy of pluto's simulator and Darkbee should be able to update the stats.

Darkbee

Berserker

Errr... no. Since I don't have the source code I can do no such thing. All I'm doing on WeeMoreWar.com is linking to the original Flash file, hosted on Pluto's site. I tried contacting Pluto but initially my emails kept getting rejected as spam. Eventually, I managed to find a way around the spam filters (I think) but I have not had any response. This was a couple of months ago. Sadly, I think the Battle Simulator is doomed to become obsolete eventually.

Does anyone know of a way to reverse engineer Flash (swf) files because I don't? (not to say that it can't be done, just that I am not aware of a way).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/05/2009 13:02:06

Hal2000

Raider

If you have way to get in touch with Pluto please do so and see if he will give the community the source code so it can be update.

Hal2000

Darkbee

Berserker

I can try to reach him again, but I don't hold out much hope.

@Anyone who cares to listen, particularly Katakana: Does the battle simulator that is part of the WeewarSuite work? Perhaps this could be used as the basis for a new battle simulator. I wouldn't be as slick as Pluto's Flash version but it would be accurate at least.

katakana

Raider

I haven't even started working on that yet unfortunately.

It might be possible to salvage the flash file... there are some decompilers for swf files that MIGHT make the original code available.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I just sent him an email (different email that his plutosforge email) and I hope he responds. I'll let you guys know.

Streen

Heavy Tank

Is there any version of the battle simulator out there that uses the current stats?

I am involved in some tough battles these days and could really need it

spadequack

Heavy Tank

The online flash one should be using the current stats. There were recent changes that were implemented in the test server (new sea unit, helicopters can attack subs, etc.) but those haven't yet been transferred to the live server.

http://www.plutosforge.com/blog/projects/weewar-battle-simulator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/08/2009 15:27:28