Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 next

bert

Staff

Here are the complete patchnotes for the current unit stat changes that are ready for testing on the testserver at http://test.weewar.com:

Cruiser, 900 credits, moves 3, range 1-3

hard:10
soft:10
sub:4
boat:10
amphibic:12
air:6
speedboat:12

Destroyer, 900 credits, moves 4, range 1-3

hard:6
soft:6
sub:16
boat:6
air:12

The current version of the destroyer:

sub:16
boat:10
air:12

Helicopter:

soft:16
sub:4 (up from 0)
boat:8
air:6

Tank:

hard:8 (up from 7)
sub:0
boat:7
amphibic:7
air:0
speedboat:7

Berserker

Repairs: 2 (up from 1)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/12/2009 03:58:03

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

When these changes go live, will the stats change on existing games? I think the answer is yes but I want to confirm that before I decide what to do with my fleets of destroyers.

boodog314

Raider

oh my gosh i never thought of that, if this is going to change existing games can we have a week in advance or something? especially for rated games it would suck to suddenly be stuck with a bunch of destroyers that are no longer invincible!

boodog314

Raider

and by the way, Bert, I've put more thought into the unit changes and they seem like GREAT ideas. thanks for making these updates on test!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Very interesting changes. The new destroyer is anti-air and anti-sub, whereas the new cruiser is anti-boat. Certainly forces players to make different kinds of units for naval battles.

(side note: weakening them a little bit vs land units would be nice as well)

@boodog, minor note - please edit your previous post rather than double post in the future.

boodog314

Raider

ok I'll edit in the future.... but I really think the boats have struck a nice balance. you don't want to weaken the destroyer any further - it'll already suck compared to the current one. if anything it's degraded to much in my opinion. but, i think we can go with what's there and most of us will agree it's an improvement even if not perfect.

VTTruck

Berserker

Kudos for all the recent changes, and for making changes requested by the community.

Juffe

Raider

Wow, berserkers will take over from heavy tanks, methinks.

Casaubon

Tank

I love all these changes, the depth charges on the destroyers rear look fierce.

luckymustard

Raider

but do the depth charges actually do anything? hmmmm...

ShadowPanther

Tank

Did you just make the cruiser the land dominance destroyer? Cuase the new destroyer that looks like AA on a boat still does mutual destruction of subs...

Casaubon

Tank

yes this is what destroyers are build for - to throw depth charges (the white plump bombs on the destroyers rear) on subs:

Darkbee

Berserker

I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the new destroyer image, but oh well, I guess it really isn't that important.

boodog314

Raider

So you can join and leave a team in an FFA game now? Wow, that will truly make things interesting...

Darkbee

Berserker

Yes, teams can change dynamically throughout the game, as it should be. However, players who create teams have to accept requests to join them, so you can refuse in the event of "rogue agents".

previous 1 2 3 next