Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

boodog314

Raider

It costs 900, same as a destroyer. And it's very similar to a destroyer, except that it's slower (3 spaces instead of 4), and sucks at attacking aircraft and other ships.

Looks like it's going to be similar to a Beserker, one of those units that only comes up if you're playing a newb or if it's part of the map starting position.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

The new unit specs are (differences from each other are in bold):

Cruiser - the part of the current Destroyer that's good vs ships

hard:10
soft:10
sub:4 (i think this should be 14 so that there is still a decent sub counter unit)
boat:10
amphibic:12
air:6
speedboat:12

Defense: 12 - Moves 3 hexes - Range 1-3

New Destroyer - the part of the current Destroyer that's good vs air

sub:6
boat:6

air:12

Defense: 12 - Moves 4 hexes - Range 1-3

Copied from http://weewartimes.com/2009/05/07/teamplay-and-new-units/ which I think was taken from http://test.weewar.com/specifications

For reference, here are the current stats for the Destroyer:

sub:16

Defense: 12 - Moves 4 hexes - Range 1-3

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 07/05/2009 22:55:01

VTTruck

Berserker

I ran a test game with naval units. The cruiser did 1 damage to a BB. currently DD's do 2-4 to a BB.
If the cruiser is supposed to be good vs boats, it isnt.

ShadowPanther

Tank

BB is Battleship? Battleship is supposed to rule the sea and land. But still, cruiser should do 3-5 damage to a Battleship.

Pyldrvr

Raider

how are you guys finding out what the new unit is?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

The test server is running, testing teamplay and the new unit.

http://blog.weewar.com/2009/05/07/teamplay-on-the-testserver/

Commander

Heavy Trooper

i think the cruiser sucks - iam not excited about it after playing with it - its lame,weak and slow...

in all i am very disappointed... first a lame bridge tile and now this cruiser - i think the weewar developers really lack creativity and are not listening to its users!

co-creation people!

Alfons

Heavy Trooper

I think the cruiser is still in its test phase. So calm down, lets wait for the official version.

And after all, I think its a good idea to introduce new features step by step. If you introduce too many new things at once, there will be a lot of grumble because everyones will find something which (s)he doesn't like or simply because people are shocked by so many changes.

VTTruck

Berserker

I think the stats posted will return the seas to BB and subs. The cruiser wont be able to chase down subs (assuming that it does have 14 attack vs subs) and the DD is relegated to anti-air activities in the sea. either could be used for moderate shore bombardment as they currently do. But as to their naval effectiveness - both get hamstrung.

Bombers will also get more play I think.

bert

Staff

The corrected stats for the cruiser are:

sub:4

for the destroyer

hard:6
soft:6
sub:16
boat:6

and I've also added an experimental 4 points vs subs to the helicopter:

soft:16
sub:4
boat:8

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/05/2009 12:20:53

Darkbee

Berserker

Commander wrote:i think the cruiser sucks - iam not excited about it after playing with it - its lame,weak and slow...

in all i am very disappointed... first a lame bridge tile and now this cruiser - i think the weewar developers really lack creativity and are not listening to its users!

co-creation people!

If the game is so lame, the solution is very simple; don't play it. Problem solved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/05/2009 13:01:24

Warmaker

Berserker

I'm curious as to what Commander came up with for new units and tiles.

And if it sucks, don't bother moaning and whining. Just take off.

boodog314

Raider

What are everyone's thoughts on Bert's updated stats? I haven't decided myself yet - depends on what changes are made to other units. It's certainly better than what the specs were originally set to.

VonBastard

Tank

I'm having a sixties flashback. Darkbee and Warmaker comments can't help but remind me of my father. He was a marine and everytime the news showed people protesting the vietnam war, he would say, "USA, love it or leave it". It's not all black and white people. We live in a world of grey's. We should be able to discuss these modifications without people's weewar purity being called into question.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/05/2009 14:53:37

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Commander wrote:i think the cruiser sucks - iam not excited about it after playing with it - its lame,weak and slow...

co-creation people!

Bridge tiles and rebalancing the overpowered Destroyers were both user requested items. Feel free to be disappointed but you're wrong about them not listening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/05/2009 15:12:04

previous 1 2 3 4 next