Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Darkbee

Berserker

I have the privilege of announcing the opening of a new Weewar community site, WeeMoreWar.com. This site aims to provide a hub for Weewar community activity, such as bot development, guides and tutorials, as well as a place to recognize significant community members, and also the notorious!

Some of the key features of WeeMoreWar are:
  • A actively maintained Grey List of players known to be unsportsmanlike, deceitful or dishonest.
  • A Hall of Fame for those supreme players of yesteryear, since retired from Weewar.
  • A actively maintained Biased Maps list, to help you identify maps known to give certain playing positions an unfair advantage.
  • Po's excellent beginner's guide has been updated with new screen-shots and given a new home that is easier to read and follow.
  • A Frappr style user map that shows the global diversity of the Weewar community.
  • Private messaging. Now you don't need to start up a new game just to talk team strategy!
  • Other guides and tutorials will be on the way.
  • Your contribution here! You can help make WeeMoreWar even better!

• WeeMoreWar.com was inspired by the WeeWar Players Association (WWPA), put together by Weewar player Pistos. So, I must acknowledge his vision and expertise in attempting to bring the Weewar community together. Sadly, it seems that the WWPA website has been defunct for some time, but I hope WeeMoreWar will rise from its ashes to be bigger and better, and serve the Weewar community for a long time to come.

One way in which it will attempt to do this is by placing emphasis on collaboration, interaction and involvement. WeeMoreWar will provide everybody with an opportunity to get involved in one way or another. You don't need to be an expert coder to get involved (although developers are welcome), just share a love of Weewar.

You may ask yourself, why should I bother logging in to WeeMoreWar when many of the features there should be part of WeeWar.com anyway? Well, while I won't deny that many of the things that are key to WeeMoreWar perhaps should be part of Weewar, the fact remains that the developers of Weewar have limited time to devote to it. As such, it's probably better for them to focus their energies on improving/expanding aspects of the game rather than the site itself. If WeeMoreWar can provide them with some relief by addressing some user issues, freeing them up to work on other things, then I can only see that as a good thing. Furthermore, in keeping with the spirit of third-party development I think that building fan sites around a central website can serve only to help the community grow, which benefits everybody in the long run. So feel free to check out WeeMoreWar.com, help make it the number one resource for all-things-Weewar!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has helped me bring this site together, I could not have done it without their time and help. I must make special mention to Lucian, who's always-opinionated presence was key in helping me stay focused on the task at hand and who was always available to offer sound advice and be the voice of reason.

I must also mention TygerDave, who's continued support was always encouraging and motivational in taking WeeMoreWar forward. In addition, a warm thanks is extended to CaptainCupcake who's infinite wisdom and practical experience was a valuable resource in helping to shape WeeMoreWar.com

I must also thank the following users for their time and energy in helping to test the site, and share opinions (in no particular order): Po, DirtStyx, Warmaker, VTTruck, crazymuffin, corsair813, troymadsen, Vagus, Muzzafar, Spadequack, Streen, jpn5000, luckymustard, Casaubon, jessarah, baltika, coronaschultz, MerissaofBulb, colormartinez, theunderman13, DoMPRoMo, NeDaRb, Pyldrvr, kersplat, Stirling, Rahl, erock, madmike, Taz, Stock and katakana.

Last and by no means least, I must give a big thanks to Alex and Bert, the Weewar developers, who are always so open and willing to encourage the Weewar community. Without their support, WeeMoreWar wouldn't be possible.

So please take some time to visit WeeMoreWar.com, registration is free, get involved and help take the Weewar community to the next level. Remember, "More" is our middle name!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 17/09/2010 15:37:56

Lucian

Berserker

So the doors finally open to the public. This place will also be a one-stop-shop hosting links to all the Weewar scripts out there as well as map-based tips and strategies to help you improve on your favorite maps and a few more surprises you'll find out about soon enough. Join up and check it out.

Pyldrvr

Raider

nice work fellas. thanks for putting in the time and effort. I look forward to frequenting the site regularly.

kersplat

Raider

I'm already loving this. he ability to send private messages to other players is the best part IMO. Thanks Bee and everybody else involved in putting this together!

Darkbee

Berserker

@Lucian - Where you been man! I've been messaging you all week! Ok, not quite true, but still... nice of you to make an appearance!

@Pyldrvr - Glad to have you on board, hope WMW becomes useful for everybody

@Kersplat - The messaging will be even more useful if many of the regular players join! *hint hint everybody*

alex

Raider

Excellent job guys. We'd be happy to feature it on the Weewar blog once the current round of updates is rolled out and running smoothly.

Darkbee

Berserker

alex wrote:Excellent job guys. We'd be happy to feature it on the Weewar blog once the current round of updates is rolled out and running smoothly.

That would be great! I'm hoping that WeeMoreWar will really drive 3rd party development and community involvement.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/04/2009 14:09:18

Lucian

Berserker

I've been busy as all hell. I'll pop back though. Don't you worry. Still got a couple of things to roll out myself. I haven't forgotten.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

How's this going, btw?

Darkbee

Berserker

Were you talking to me or Lucian, coz Lucian can't come to the phone right now, but if you'd like to leave a message afte... *BEEP*

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Please note that this call may be monitored for training or security purposes

"Hi there, this is Triple-C at WW Studios. We lurve the weemorewar concept and want to speak to the creative mastermind behind it...."

"He's gone on an extended leave of absence, you say, and left his strategically-shaved assistant to field enquiries in his absence - providing he can stop chewing the crayons?"

"Sounds faaaabulous dahlin. We'll be in touch. Ciao baby"

thuldai

Raider

Considering that this bird is (sadly) dead one could maybe un-sticky this thread.