Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

ShadowPanther

Tank

You mean: right?

Anyways... It seems you're right.. but how often do people use the hover around the back? And a single hvy trooper takes it out easily.

hyperhopper

Raider

umm, just last game i played, thats how i lost,,, all my units were in front.. ill try to find the link

Antipop

Raider

What about this one: Florida Swum Wuter: Blue on Bottom?

IMHO blue bias is huge.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/06/2009 14:28:07

Antipop

Raider

This one apparently has been removed.

Doctor_Jimmy

Trooper

So what should a player invited to a blue biased map do?

Nature_God

Tank

say

'sorry this map is too bias, not that i wont kick your ass anyway but still - thanks anyway'
or
'this map is bias, i will only play if unrated'

something like that i think

RockyDog

Berserker

just decline the invitation. better yet, invite the host back to a game on the same map. you as blue him as red.

Mr_Clean

Heavy Trooper

I originally thought this map was heavily blue biased and this post made an accusation against a certain player (not the mapmaker) who was challenging people to rated games on it.
http://weewar.com/map/29867

But Antipop straightened me out in the post below for the most part. I figured I would delete the accusation, since it has little or no merit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/07/2009 11:51:35

Mr_Clean

Heavy Trooper

Suggestion, if you see an open invite to a biased map, try to add a comment along these lines "warning: this map is blue biased".
The player doing the scam is unlikely to notice the comment as they have no reason to go to that screen until another player accepts the invitation, which probably wont happen because of the warning.
Just an idea.

Antipop

Raider

Mr_Clean wrote:This map:
http://weewar.com/map/29867
is outrageously blue biased.
At the time of this posting, EgoBruiser has a rated game invite open to anyone on this map. Pretty sleezy EgoBruiser, pretty sleezy.
Here is the link: http://weewar.com/game/178577
It will take the red player 4 turns to get hvy infantry to the nearest city going south. It will take blue 2 turns to get to the nearest city in the north. Oh, and blue gets the first turn. Wow, that is unfair.

I strongly doubt if this map is blue biased. Game starts without credits. Who says red should go to the north? Red should capture the nearest bases so he has 3 bases after two turns, while blue has only two. This is high income map, so in the second turn red builds a hover and captures a north base in the third turn.

You can invite me to an unrated game if you're curious to check it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/07/2009 10:44:08

Mr_Clean

Heavy Trooper

Wow, you are correct sir. After working it all out, it appears that red has to build one more hovercraft than blue to capture the 5 cities on their side of the map, but red gets 300 credits for their trouble. Blue has to build one more infantry than red to capture the 5 cities. So blue has a 75 point disadvantage toward offsetting first turn advantage (FTA). I believe Stirling suggest that the disadvanatage should be half of the starting income, which would be 150. So by that measure, the map is blue biased. However, it is nothing like the advantage that I thought blue had on the map. My apologies.

RockyDog

Berserker

Mr_Clean wrote:Wow, you are correct sir. After working it all out, it appears that red has to build one more hovercraft than blue to capture the 5 cities on their side of the map, but red gets 300 credits for their trouble. Blue has to build one more infantry than red to capture the 5 cities. So blue has a 75 point disadvantage toward offsetting first turn advantage (FTA). I believe Stirling suggest that the disadvanatage should be half of the starting income, which would be 150. So by that measure, the map is blue biased. However, it is nothing like the advantage that I thought blue had on the map. My apologies.

So based on that analysis - red is down 225 credits. Did you take into account that red will have a base a turn ahead of blue and earn 300 extra credits?

Mr_Clean

Heavy Trooper

I tried to say that in my post by saying "but red gets 300 credits for their trouble." sorry if I wasnt clear.

Antipop

Raider

Mr_Clean wrote:So blue has a 75 point disadvantage toward offsetting first turn advantage (FTA). I believe Stirling suggest that the disadvanatage should be half of the starting income, which would be 150. So by that measure, the map is blue biased.

Well... Almost correct. The starting income is 0, however. Does it change your evaluation?

Mr_Clean

Heavy Trooper

Ok, i guess i still wasn't clear. Red gets one base a turn earlier than blue. So they get 300 more credits. However, they have to build a hovercraft to capture the 4th base in a timely manner which is minus 300 credits. So this puts red back on par with blue. However, Blue has to build one more infantry than red does to capture blue's 5 bases. Since they have no "extra" income to compensate them for the extra infantry, I conclude that blue has a 75 credit "penalty" toward first turn advantage. Am I missing something or do you guys come to the same conclusion?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/07/2009 19:35:33

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next