Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

alex

Raider

The Weewar forums are here for all members to discuss, find help and to have good times. To that end we have come up with a set of rules and guide lines for the forum. Please take a moment to read them and do abide by them - we are very much committed to enforce them where necessary. Weewar is a fantastic community and these guidelines and rules are here to help us all keep it that way.

We will link them up permanently and more prominently soon - until then feel free to point others to that page, too. We have also appointed Spadequack, Darkbee and Lucian as official moderators. They have volunteered to help out on the forums and have our full support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/05/2013 15:10:24

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Excellent Choices!

VTTruck

Berserker

Thanks again to Alex and Bert for keeping up with the needs and desires of this community.

Thanks gents!

VT

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 30/03/2009 05:27:36

NickDanger

Raider

Nice. Hopefully this is one of those things that is needed, but never used. Kind of like a fire extinguisher. Or barf bag. Or that package of Imodium.

troymadsen

Tank

I think it is great. I looked over the rules and guidelines and they seem more than fair to keep this a good community where everyone can talk and share their thoughts and ideas.

Thanks devs!

Muzzafar

Raider

Huzzah! Forum moderation FTW!
All hail Alex and Bert!

madmike

Raider

awesome!

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey

Trooper

Awesome. +10 to the devs.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Next on the list: user names, avatar pics/profiles, chat? not that I love rules

VTTruck

Berserker

pictures/avatars have been censored already. i believe it was rightfully done since the pictures would easily have been considered not for children in most societies and there are children on the site.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/03/2009 11:17:53

Warmaker

Berserker

CaptainCupcake wrote:Next on the list: user names, avatar pics/profiles, chat? not that I love rules

Not that I'm a huge fan of censorship or muting everything so our precious snowflakes won't be exposed to the real world, but I think certain limits are wholly acceptable. Why not disallow potentially offensive pictures that might bother everyone and not just kids?

I'm down.

GOod job, guys.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/03/2009 14:41:17

Lucian

Berserker

We have not been given moderator privileges to police this place and punish individuals, but rather to make sure that the the forums are easily accessible to all members by cleaning up duplicate threads and threads started in the wrong forums as well as to keep the peace when things get out of hand.

With that in mind, I have deleted a few of the unnecessary posts in this thread and ask you all to please not rock the boat or showcase to others what the devs can and cannot do. If there is any need for censorship regarding personal profiles, the matter will be handled how alex and bert best see fit, which up until this point hasn't been policed heavily. Thus once again, do not rock the boat.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

I kind of thought that the mods were appointed to help 'enforce' the new forum rules if necessary? After all, they're mentioned in the same breath by Alex. I see that much of it is modest stuff, but I still can't quite understand your point: "We're not here to police the place....we're here to keep the peace if necessary"

As for 'showcasing' and 'rocking the boat' I'm not sure to whom or what you are referring. For my part, definitely not the former. The latter: now you worry me: aren't voices of dissent allowed? Aren't they healthy if civilised? Do we have to tow the party line in alll respects? Can't we ask stuff?

Etc

Rather ironically you have 'moderated' your own profile Lucian

If it sounds like I'm having a go, I'm not. I get what you're saying. I'm genuinely curious as to attitudes about the subject and where things will go.

OTOH it's just a bit of banter for me I think swearing is the last resort of the inarticulate (unless it's funny, obviously) and I've no desire to pi..err annoy anyone.

If it's VB you were referring to, forget the above lol.

Personally I think it's a great move, great mods and a sign WW is growing up I guess...

Lucian

Berserker

Yes. We were appointed to help enforce the rules, but we aren't going to go around like a bunch of tyrants killing any and all fun for everyone around here. We now simply have the power to step in and take care of what is necessary when things get out of hand and each of us will use our own sound judgment to make those calls.

Regarding the rocking the boat and showcasing comments, I did not point out any individuals and I certainly didn't point fingers your way. I removed the posts that seemed irrelevant and let everyone in general know not to start trouble. I apologize if I was unclear regarding my actions, but I was simply preventing any fires from getting started, as I felt that the conversation was taking a turn for the worse.

Everyone can vent if they want to, everyone can voice their dissatisfaction and we will most definitely answer any questions you have. However, there is a thin line between voicing your dissatisfaction about a certain member and two or more members starting up an argument that quickly gets out of control. If you recall, this was exactly the reason the members made an outcry for moderation in the first place and the same members have been involved.

Healthy and civilized discussions and debates are all good, but if you're looking for that, either look for an appropriate thread where to post or create one yourself. Starting up such discussions in the newfound Forum Rules section is not only distasteful and discouraging but it also makes it more confusing for new members.

As for my personal profile, yes. I have modified it a little. I have done that on a number of occasions as of late. I have removed certain things that are no longer necessary and added some to update the profile. I have still not fully censored it however and I most definitely do not demand of any other member to follow suit.

In any case, if anyone has further personal questions, please invite me or any of the other moderators to a private chat game and ask us whatever you wish.

VonBastard

Tank

Edited by Lucian: Can you ease up a bit mate? I don't think I'm asking for much here. After we had that talk about respect, I do not believe I have disrespected you once, I even instructed others not to insult you, yet you seem to be purposely trying to make things difficult for me. I am asking you nicely here.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 31/03/2009 04:05:34

previous 1 2 next