Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

alupa

Raider

Awhile back there was a greasemonkey script that allowed you to add people to an unpreferred list. Does anyone know where I may be able to find that script?

VTTruck

Berserker

yep. to install it leave a message in a popular forum thread aimed at lucian. provide the details and evidence as to why its necessary. should it be valid said player gets added to the black or moron list.

only one player has had the audacity to make the neon pink list. but that was one heck of a bold player.

Darkbee

Berserker

A few of us are working on bringing back an actively maintained Grey List, not quite the same thing but perhaps that might help.

(duly ignores VT's comments)

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey

Trooper

Well, that's kind of what I meant, but not quite.

A while back there was a script that allowed you to keep your very own unpreferred list without tagging someone as a "cheater" or "bad player." This was a greasemonkey add-on that was external from the official black list and was an in-account easy reference for a players own memory. So in addition to the "Prefer this player" button on the account page there was a "unprefer this player" with a little thumbs down icon as well. This kept a running total of people that didn't make the grey/black list but was just a way to keep in mind players who you would prefer to stay away from for one reason or another.

I think it was in the first version of weewar suite, but doesn't seem to be there any more.

Thoughts?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I wrote the script. You can get it here:
Edit: link removed. Hold on, something's up with the way it's hosted.
Edit2: Here you go, I uploaded it to userscripts.org: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/43720

Looks like bonchon's WeewarWiki is down... =\

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/03/2009 17:27:37

Darkbee

Berserker

Where is the unpreferred data stored?

And for the record, I agree that an "Unpreferred players" list is the most effective way to go.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/2009 17:24:07

spadequack

Heavy Tank

It is stored in the greasemonkey part of your firefox config. You can view all of these stored greasemonkey values by going to about:config, being careful, and filtering on greasemonkey.

You can view your unpreferred list without doing that, you need to go to a profile page like http://weewar.com/user/spadequack and go to Tools > Greasemonkey > User Script Commands... > Pop up unpreferred list (wait 3s). I should probably make it so that you don't have to go to a profile page to view it... Someday.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/2009 17:36:58

alupa

Raider

Thanks Spadequack, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Word.

Darkbee

Berserker

So your unpreferred list is not persistent across different computers?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Right, it's just locally stored in your firefox.

Darkbee

Berserker

Although I guess if you use PortableFirefox on Windows, you're in good shape.

Lucian

Berserker

Sweet. Thanks for that spade. My profile was initially my own unpreferred list, but lots of people apparently started using it as a guide of their own. Having your own unpreferred list sure helps though.