Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 next

InspecterJones

Raider

Let me start by saying that I know this map is gonna need an insane amount of testing to be considered even close to balanced but this where that starts. Opinions?

oh and this is very much so inspired by Stirling's Europe

### Updated! New Version 0.7! ### [4/11]

Feel free to invite the shit out of me on to this map, its gonna take a lot of revisions to make this one work well.

Who wants to help test?

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at 11/04/2009 22:37:58

kingzach

Trooper

ill help you test.

InspecterJones

Raider

kingzach wrote:ill help you test.

find two others and invite us, i'm at 10 games right now so i cant start a game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/02/2009 03:55:34

Muzzafar

Raider

Looks interesting.
But yes, it would need a lot of testing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/02/2009 09:31:01

Lucian

Berserker

This map looks absolutely awesome. Happy to test if you need. Couple of things. Purple has the quickest access to the central isle and a tad too many harbors. IMO it'll turn into a yellow vs blue and red vs purple, but there is potential to go yellow/red and blue/purple a few turns later. The blue hover should go one south, so that the Southwestern most base is accessible in one turn, due to yellow having a base right next door and blue not being able to reinforce that lone hover. It effectively gives yellow the Southern island without a fight, whilst yellow also gets to go for the central one with his hover. Anyway, I definitely want to try this one out.

InspecterJones

Raider

Lucian wrote:This map looks absolutely awesome. Happy to test if you need. Couple of things. Purple has the quickest access to the central isle and a tad too many harbors. IMO it'll turn into a yellow vs blue and red vs purple, but there is potential to go yellow/red and blue/purple a few turns later. The blue hover should go one south, so that the Southwestern most base is accessible in one turn, due to yellow having a base right next door and blue not being able to reinforce that lone hover. It effectively gives yellow the Southern island without a fight, whilst yellow also gets to go for the central one with his hover. Anyway, I definitely want to try this one out.

I wanted every player to have to fight two others in every major sector. Blue and purple get their own island but its also harder for them to move on to the other landmasses. I think adding an extra hover to blue and purple would be good and make it so they have access the center and the other extra island so they can start fights with their neighbors as well as the full on fight in the center. If you have an open spot invite me and some others, I started up a game but wasnt sure if you were back yet so I skipped ya

Lucian

Berserker

I'll invite on my alt when I relog. If you don't get an invite by tomorrow remind me in one of our games.

InspecterJones

Raider

Lucian wrote:I'll invite on my alt when I relog. If you don't get an invite by tomorrow remind me in one of our games.

Where the hell is my invite??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/02/2009 02:13:01

Lucian

Berserker

This is exactly why I said to remind me.

InspecterJones

Raider

Lucian wrote:This is exactly why I said to remind me.

I thought I just did?

Lucian

Berserker

Check your HQ then.

My net cut out last night for some strange reason.

InspecterJones

Raider

updated it a bit, balanced yellow and red a bit and made sure that blue/yellow and purple/red yellow/red clash sooner

Lucian

Berserker

The new version definitely gives blue/red more room to breathe, but I'm wondering if it's too much room, particularly for blue. Yellow will clash with red almost immediately and is now pushed way back on the Southern island and it has to push through the center one whilst fighting red at the same time. This'll require a hell of a lot of testing.

Muzzafar

Raider

I'd say you have to wait for the results of our first game.

InspecterJones

Raider

Lucian wrote:The new version definitely gives blue/red more room to breathe, but I'm wondering if it's too much room, particularly for blue. Yellow will clash with red almost immediately and is now pushed way back on the Southern island and it has to push through the center one whilst fighting red at the same time. This'll require a hell of a lot of testing.

Muzzafar wrote:I'd say you have to wait for the results of our first game.

yea i might have over done it, but i've got 3 or 4 games going and in almost every one red and yellow jump up head of blue/purple by a lot of bases after a few turns.

EDIT: maybe i'll give red and yellow one additional trooper or starting base

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 23/02/2009 22:41:13

previous 1 2 3 next