Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Darkbee

Berserker

To be fair Zweistromland is all kinds of wrong. Poor yellow has no chance. If blue grabs the base north, red grabs the base south and purple grabs the base in the middle, yellow is dead.

theunderman

Trooper

http://weewar.com/game/141425#nowhere (could not find the name of the real map so I posted my game on it)
completely biased for red and blue because of first move advantage yellow and purple don't really get a chance to respond if played right by blue and red

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/02/2009 18:51:32

Lucian

Berserker

Go to Game Options in the top right corner and click Map Details. You are right though, this one does have a Blue > Red advantage. I've added it to the list.

Muzzafar

Raider

jeye wrote:
River Maze is imo red biased because if red makes no major mistakes it should end up with a base more than blue.

Minor comment: The map has 14 bases. So the red would end up with 8 bases and the blue with 6 (that's two more).

Lucian

Berserker

I'm pretty sure he meant for an even seven-seven split but it turned out wrong. It does look like a tough one to balance off the bat though.

jeye

Tank

Muzzafar wrote:
jeye wrote:
River Maze is imo red biased because if red makes no major mistakes it should end up with a base more than blue.

Minor comment: The map has 14 bases. So the red would end up with 8 bases and the blue with 6 (that's two more).

I meant 2 bases more for red.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/03/2009 23:46:27

madmike

Raider

Yes, I am aware of the bias in River Maze. I had worked on a 2.0 version, but I trashed it cause it became more of a regular map and not the type of map I was going for with the original River Maze. So now I'm on to a 2.1, but I took time to make some other maps before I finished 2.1. I'll published as soon as I get time to think about it.

mm

Lucian

Berserker

Cool. I think it might be a good idea to link to balanced versions of unbalanced maps so once you finish it do let me know please.

cubix

Trooper

How about Zweistromland with teams Red and Blue together. Red and Blue both get to take a base and leave the other team in the cold. Seems like the only people posting games these days are point mongers posting biased maps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/04/2009 17:02:10

Darkbee

Berserker

I don't think we want to start worrying about whether maps are balanced for teams or not, otherwise it will become a nightmare to determine and maintain. In general (but not necessarily true), if a map is biased for single player games, then it should be biased for team games too.

I think the primary goal is not to say, don't play these maps ever again, it's more about, go in with your eyes wide open and don't get screwed over for points on maps where you have little or no chance of winning. For some of these maps, the bias is small and so they are still fun to play, just make them unrated.

As I said already in the specific case of Zweistromland, it's all kinds of wrong and should just be avoided, period.

RockyDog

Berserker

add this one to the list. blue can cap the southeastern base before red can block it. the converse is not true.

Lucian

Berserker

Updated.

Endureil

Trooper

This map looks kinda fair but it heavily favors blue http://weewar.com/map/40032

VTTruck

Berserker

And this one is heavily against purple.

hyperhopper

Raider

i dont want to seem nitpicky, but i think botanical gardens is slightly favored towards blue. there is water in the southern edge of the map where blue can sent hovercrafts to attack, but there isnt any water on the north for red to do the same...

sorry if i seem nitpicky....

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next