Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

DavidL

Raider

I am writing some code for ai_DavidBot tobe able to work together with other bots (to temporarily not kill each other).
While I have coded up a solution that works between it and ai_David, does anyone want to offer suggestions on how it should work (including between other bots), or what api's (commands) should be possible.

Po

Berserker

It'd probably be incredibly difficult, but as opposed to just making it so the bots do their own thing and leave the other one alone, some way of letting them recognize when the other is in danger/needs help would be incredible. So they can actually work as a team, addressing the others' weaknesses and such.

DavidL

Raider

So far the messages I support handle these cases
  • Accept an ally request

• Reject an ally request

• Ask for an ally

• Stop an alliance

• Offer Peace is not an option because the eliza apis don't support it
    What have I missed?

DavidL

Raider

At this point they barely recognize when they are in danger.
    Of course WHEN to accept an ally or ask for one is based on when they think another player will win if the do not ally.

Lucian

Berserker

I'd think you'd need to take into account the current army strength, potential army strength and number of bases more so than anything. This won't of course work on every map seeing as there might be potential issues with terrain and distance but for the most part when one opponents army is equal or stronger than that of the other two+ players it is a good time to call a cease fire for a while.

In those cases they should auto-invite/accept. If it's at 80% of the strength throw in a randomizer that makes the alliance happen like 50% of the time or something... and make them last for as long as those % variables are met... or until his solo force is say 60-75% of the other player's power or something like that.

I dunno. Your bot. I'm just throwing in ideas which you've probably already thought about...

Tokugawa

Heavy Trooper

well, if you want the bots to work together, couldn't you just have the bot mark all "ai" faction units as friendly? Then it would treat the ai bot units as it's own units. Then again, my bot is still at the "retarded stepchild" stage...

Juffe

Raider

You should probably make some arrangements so that the bots respect each others' space when they are allied. If they treat the ally's units as their own, they could run into terrible ZoC problems when the units mix.

VTTruck

Berserker

Tokugawa wrote: Then again, my bot is still at the "retarded stepchild" stage...

Also known as the an0n stage

Po

Berserker

Make the bots put on an opera, too.