Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

VTTruck

Berserker

i'm getting to the point where 'point farming' will need to be policed by those in the top 15. its technically legal and getting boring rehashing the same argument over and over again. maybe we should create a list of 'known noob point abusers' to go along with the actual cheaters (i.e. droning) list. both of which would be separate from the 'known booters' list which is also not illegal, but distasteful to some weewarriors.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Shulgin wrote:this guy
only 154 based captured in 105 victories...

That looks fishy. Aruba and El Pentano Pequeno often? Perhaps with short time limit games and unrestrained booting?

On another note, I agree with VTTruck. The unskilled in the Top 15 list will be noticed and challenged by those better than them. If they refuse any such challenges, then they should be listed and decried by the community for abusing the system.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 21/04/2009 23:35:23

Marac

Heavy Trooper

I think I've just found a point farmer, only less talented. So he hasn't made into top 15 yet.
Look here:
http://weewar.com/user/BananaJoe
He turned my attention, cause he started two Arubas simultaneously:
http://weewar.com/game/153819
http://weewar.com/game/153807
In 336 games he captured 540 bases, what makes 1.6 base per game. And most of his recent players are under 1500.

-----
EDIT:
BananaJoe accepted my invitation to Aruba. So maybe he just loves small maps. Or he reads the forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/04/2009 17:56:51

Lucian

Berserker

@ Marac: He seems to authentically like aruba. Probably unaware of the bias too, which would be reason enough for his boost in score.

As for FruityBill, I think I've seen him before but his stats are iffy.

@ VT/spade: Yup. Already talked about this with Bee. Whilst point farming isn't necessarily cheating such as droning, collusion or booting, it isn't exactly good for the community as it has a deterring effect on a portion of the newcomers who could potentially end up being great players. It is something we should keep a look out for and hopefully we'll get it sorted out on WMW.

Marac

Heavy Trooper

Lucian wrote:(...)Whilst point farming isn't necessarily cheating such as droning, collusion or booting, (...)

Technically, booting is not cheating either. You have a right to boot after the time limit. Period.
If one uses this right extensively, he may be called different names (and he would deserve all of them), but not exactly a cheater.

Lucian

Berserker

True. Booting/skipping is more considered unsportsmanlike conduct.

jeffchapman

Trooper

What about booting when I specifically said I was going to be late and asked for a little lee-way. Irish Boots did that to me in what had been, up to that point a really fun game. Maybe not cheating, but seriously, seriously douche-baggy. I would NEVER boot someone who had told me she or he was going to be a bit late!

Here's the game:

http://weewar.com/game/149195

cheers,

Jeff

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

@Bee For a blacklist database, what if you were to have a online submission forum. After the same string (username) get submitted 3 times from 3 different IPs it's on the list. Then you have people that would go check the user just in case.

Questions?

Lucian

Berserker

@ jeff: I've added him to my black list. Can you please keep that game in your archives please? It does appear as if he was obsessed about winning.

Darkbee

Berserker

@Zyber, please check out this thread. I've unveiled a new community site that features a grey list. Players can be submitted for inclusion on this list, pending investigation by a group of trusted users.

Antipop

Raider

@Lucian: Strychnine, which is on your blacklist, just changed his nick to Valtyr. I thought you'd want to know to update the list.

previous 1 2 3 4 next