Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Darkbee

Berserker

Offline

Stagolee wrote:also as an added bonus now that i have added the extra rivers the map looks less like a photocopy of someones arse


Anyone we know?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/01/2009 18:41:30

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

Offline

Darkbee wrote:
Stagolee wrote:also as an added bonus now that i have added the extra rivers the map looks less like a photocopy of someones arse


Anyone we know?


not me anyway, mines less green than that

Rahl

Raider

Offline

Muzzafar wrote:Updated the Charge map and invited VTTruck and Rahl for a game.





Nice improvements! Will report findings here...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/2009 02:55:49

Rahl

Raider

Offline

Stagolee wrote:Hey folks,

This is sort of a baseless map that I just made. There is one harbour, the idea is to try keep your heavy inf alive and get one of them to the harbour so as to spend the 3600 you start with. Any advice or comments most welcome.
Thanks



Cool map-- if you are looking for someone to help test, I will gladly accept (NR).

VTTruck

Berserker

Offline

Muzzafar wrote:Updated the Charge map and invited VTTruck and Rahl for a game


I should not be used as a measuring stick for the quality of the map. I'm more lucky than good at this game.
Rahl on the other hand knows his stuff.

Muzzafar

Raider

Offline

VTTruck wrote:I should not be used as a measuring stick for the quality of the map. I'm more lucky than good at this game.
Rahl on the other hand knows his stuff.

Well, at least you employed a different approach than Rahl in the current game. He is moving forward, you are pulling back. Let's see how these two approaches work out.

Lucian

Berserker

Offline

Rahl wrote:
Stagolee wrote:Hey folks,

This is sort of a baseless map that I just made. There is one harbour, the idea is to try keep your heavy inf alive and get one of them to the harbour so as to spend the 3600 you start with. Any advice or comments most welcome.
Thanks



Cool map-- if you are looking for someone to help test, I will gladly accept (NR).


Bring in VT and myself and we've got ourselves a test.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/2009 08:33:40

VTTruck

Berserker

Offline

Muzzafar wrote:Well, at least you employed a different approach than Rahl in the current game. He is moving forward, you are pulling back. Let's see how these two approaches work out.


I still claim in a game like that the best thing to do is find good position and wait for the attack. especially with
artillery involved. then again I'm not on GD's list of top generals of all time, just a weekend wee-warrior.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/2009 11:07:08

Muzzafar

Raider

Offline

VTTruck wrote:I still claim in a game like that the best thing to do is find good position and wait for the attack. especially with artillery involved. then again I'm not on GD's list of top generals of all time, just a weekend wee-warrior.

Well, since the map is diamond shaped (meaning the center is wider and the ends are narrower) it is probably easier to defend a narrower front. I am not sure. When I have a free slot I will invite General Death and see what he does. (Thanks for the hint!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/2009 12:35:35

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

Offline

Lucian wrote:

Bring in VT and myself and we've got ourselves a test.


excellent, soon as i free up a slot i'll set it up on the new revision of the map

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/2009 12:37:48

Muzzafar

Raider

Offline

I had an idea.
It would not exactly be a base-less map though.
What if we have a map with several bases (some of them might be contested) that have no or very low income (e.g. 10 credits per base), but huge starting credits (e.g. 10000 credits). That would: 1) allow players to build an army of their choice, and 2) offer motivation to go for contested bases, because sitting down and waiting means that their opponent(s) get more income every passing turn.
What do you think?

Lucian

Berserker

Offline

You mean like most of these?

I like the idea, but why not just make it 0 credits per base. That way you can build but it's still effectively baseless in that you don't make any income and have to take care of your units.

Muzzafar

Raider

Offline

Lucian wrote:You mean like most of these?

The only map that is somewhat close to my concept is this one. A lot of starting credits and very low income per base. The only problem is that players also start with huge armies. My idea was to allow players to choose what to build.
I like the idea, but why not just make it 0 credits per base. That way you can build but it's still effectively baseless in that you don't make any income and have to take care of your units.

Well, I believe that if you even have 10 bases that bring you 10 credits each (and the starting capital was several thousand) the gameplay would still focus on unit conservation. However, giving bases small income and making some bases contested would help you break the deadlock when both sides just sit back and wait their opponents to attack.
I hope I can come up with an example soon enough.

Lucian

Berserker

Offline

Ah... fair point. It would force an aggressive strategy over the VT strategy.

Muzzafar

Raider

Offline

It might have been luck, but defensive approach was not successful, while offensive seems to have worked.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next