Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Casaubon

Tank

thumbs up have seen it first on your facebook

Yourtime

Raider

oha awesome, well an league system with elo of course but also an built in system for tournaments.

if you are going to kickstarter something, please inform us/me I would donate if needed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/08/2012 13:09:42

JanRoman

Raider

We would love to join Kickstarter, the problem is we are not US based. And since you have to own a US bank account to recieve money from Amazon, we need a trustworthy person who would do all this.

Yourtime

Raider

JanRoman wrote:We would love to join Kickstarter, the problem is we are not US based. And since you have to own a US bank account to recieve money from Amazon, we need a trustworthy person who would do all this.

are in your country not some kind of crowd funding sites? in europe, there are 3 different once. (not big ones, but well yeah.. it always takes little bit more time >_>

I know you want remake ww, but well I want suggest that anyway. If you know hero academy in iOS/Steam from Robot Entertainment, they made a turn based strategy game, with different teams, my suggestion is, if you are interested to make not only a balanced weewar, also more than one team in weewar. well maybe its too difficult, because weewar itself has a realistic theme and wont allow so easily, totally different teams, but maybe its okay, if you think like c&c3 red alert, which used different countries as different teams. anyway I am looking really forward to your project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/08/2012 21:44:07

thuldai

Raider

If I understand correctly "Yourtime" means "themes" when he writes "teams"?

JanRoman

Raider

I have to say I have some trouble understanding Yourtime's post. If you want us to make a proper Teams (Clans/Nations)... Yes, it's planned in the future. But right now, our main concern is to get the game up and running.

thuldai

Raider

Truth be told, I really like "blue" vs. "red" (or any other color out there). Adding nations etc. has the potential to opening up quite a can of worms, extreme nationalism, racism etc.

Now if somebody wants to make some themes on top (2nd WW etc.) that's obviously fine, but I'd be careful as a developer as what you provide ("my country's still missing!", "mine has been depicted uglier than the other", ....).

Anyway, not really on top of the list of priorities of HexFray (I really start to like that name, btw), so feel free to ignore.

TD

JanRoman

Raider

We bumped into this a couple of days ago actually on Trello. We are thinking about using something like GeoIP to locate players by their IP adresses, which opens a big area or possibilities. However, this is at the bottom of my priorities list right now, you are right.

I will rather establish "teams" of some sort than anything else, but this is an open question and we'll seee about that.

B0lty

Heavy Trooper

A few things I'd like to see:

1) If a player quits a game, have an option to invite a new player to take their place. Perhaps that new player would not suffer any point consequences but it'd help prevent that infuriating situation when a good game gets ruined by someone quitting and unbalancing a map.

2) Have an option to only allow players to join who will normally take their turn within a specified amount of time. I generally check my games three times a day, so will tend to take a turn within a maximum of 6 hours. Some people can be unreliable and take days, so it'd be lovely to ensure only regular players join a map.

3) Option to set a user status as "On-holiday", with dates. When you enable this, you can not be skipped or kicked.

3) Team chat as standard.

4) A specific game mode that is Free-For_all but allows players to create temporary alliances that are not visible to other players. If you've ever played Diplomacy, you'll get the idea of what I mean. A mode where the whole point is to be sneaky and manipulative in order to win.

5) Along with no. 4, player-to-player chat.

6) A general messaging system to allow you to contact a specific player at any time, eg to see up games with them (not in game)

7) Option to start a map with so many slots reserved for friends and allow the rest to remain open

Option to start a game and not be forced to be blue. So in other words, as players join a map, they can choose which colour to be.

Finally, have you checked the terms and conditions of this site? You may find that you've agreed that anything written here belongs to EA and potentially they'll come after you if you try to set up your own Weewar variation. Just saying. Be careful.

JanRoman

Raider

1) Planned
2) Not very user-friendly
3) Great form certain points of view, but it'd mean leaving other players waiting for you (and many wouldn't like that). I've thought about this, if I decide to implement it, it'll rather be game-specific (your opponent will have to agree)
3) Planned
4) Maybe, not for start
5) ^^
6) Planned
7) Planned
Random starting colours planned

Regarding your last topic - Hexfray is in no way connected to Weewar. It is an independent game based on the same background (hex-based browser strategy game). Otherwise, it completely different from Weewar and everything is made from scratch. Hexfray's developers play Weewar actively, but since Weewar's development stopped a couple of years ago, we decided to make us an alternative.

If you wish, join us on Twitter or Facebook. You can get various neews or get invited to our system which is being worked on everyday.

alupa

Raider

If dev were to restart on WW, would you continue to use the forum to promote your new, competing game? I understand why EA allows this to happen, but would it be the same if WW were up and running again?

JanRoman

Raider

If there was an acitve development, I am not sure. I can only promise that we'll try to develop the best game we can and I hope we all enjoy it as much as we can.

I strongly suggest joining us on Facebook.

alupa

Raider

While that doesn't really answer my question, I understand the intent of your answer. And while I appreciate the invite, I'll respectfully decline. I'm WW for life. If it dies, then so will my turn based strategy days.

Call me old school. (Since 2007, that is.)

Yourtime

Raider

About nations: I meant some kind of different "ridiculous funny" teams like c&c red alert. I wasn't sure, if it makes even sense, because hexfray has more a serious setting.

I asked for it, because I saw in Hero Academy that the different kind of units or rather teams, made me addictive to experiement and find out new things about the characteristic from the teams and also their strategy to play. The devs do all to keep the game still balanced. Maybe you should try the game a little bit or look at somekind of gameplay, to see what I mean. Additionally you can get some money out of 'new teams'

here is a good gameplay vid, to understand what I mean with different teams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xTY2F8_P_Y

Sorry if it seems that I make advertisment, I just want give some ideas for some direction for hexfray and maybe get some good challengers for HA (my nick: Yourtime)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/08/2012 11:42:21

B0lty

Heavy Trooper

Can't say I'm a big fan of different players having different units. I like WW for its simplicity.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next