Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

Streen

Heavy Tank

katakana wrote: where's my StarCraft II?

What??? Is it out already?

RockyDog

Berserker

Streen wrote:

Only for the Amiga series. PC and Mac are still pending release.

Darkbee

Berserker

CaptainCupCake wrote:RSI Starcraft

Are you sure only from Starcraft?

Of course no Internets back then, it was all green fields.

Hal2000

Raider

RockyDog wrote:
Streen wrote:

Isn't it AMAZING on your Amiga RockyDog? I absolutely love it. I picked it up last week and I haven't been able to put it down. It was a long wait for StarCraft 2, but well worth it. Do you want to get online and play multiplayer?

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Darkbee wrote:
CaptainCupCake wrote:RSI Starcraft

Are you sure only from Starcraft?

Of course no Internets back then, it was all green fields.

Who mods the mods themselves?

It was teh Speed Civilization that really did 'em

General_Death

Tank

Nice.. I loved Stracraft 1, I'm sure the 2nd one won't disappoint.

RockyDog

Berserker

Hal2000 wrote:
RockyDog wrote:
Streen wrote:

Isn't it AMAZING on your Amiga RockyDog? I absolutely love it. I picked it up last week and I haven't been able to put it down. It was a long wait for StarCraft 2, but well worth it. Do you want to get online and play multiplayer?

Maybe this weekend Hal, i've got to spend some time on my sega genesis (yes i really do still have one that works) this week.

Pyldrvr

Raider

Vonbastard is 67? holy cow!
as for me,

Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Education: a few credits short of a bachelors degree from community college
Career: Ex Carpenter now Entrepreneur, business owner - financial software industry

Being the boss, and working in the computer software industry I have plenty of time to sit in front of my computer and check my weewar turns throughout the day without anyone able to say squat.

The wife thing works well when you buy them their own computer and teach them how to play weewar on their own Hi Jessarah!

Warmaker

Berserker

Can you get a baccalaureate from a CC? I thought they were only good for Associates Degrees. Who knew?

Pyldrvr

Raider

Warmaker wrote:Can you get a baccalaureate from a CC? I thought they were only good for Associates Degrees. Who knew?

woops, I meant associates shows what a lack of education will get ya eh?

Algenis

Trooper

Now that you're talking about kids, I'm 18 with a son. My girl (more like woman, she's 23) and me really love the kid, we give him attention and things look good. But the problem is we live from funds from the government (a government in crisis [Puerto Rico]). So I have no idea what I'm going to do to get my son a good education.

Anyways, I'm positive me and my woman will be able to provide the kid with some good education. So the trick here is to be alert at any job opportunities and such.

That aside, I am fond of educated people. Its nice to have conversations with people that are civilized. Don't get me wrong, I like to be a little crazy and random sometimes, but to be in a perpetual random conversation that seems to lead to nothing, it bores me.

+10 points for everybody that is civilized!

Warmaker

Berserker

I don't feel I deserve 10 points in regards to how he's using the word 'civilized.'

Somar96

Tank

me neither

SamIAm1955

Trooper

My stats:

Age: 53 (thought I was the +2 sigma value until I saw Von Bastard's stats)
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Education: BA (yes, I said BA) in Engineering from a school on Mass Ave in Cambridge, MA; MSME from a big midwestern state university
Career: 30 years as an engineer / engr mgr for the same humongous conglomerate that would fire me if I played Weewar at work

I was interested in the debate on Weewar vs chess. There are many games more complex than chess. That's not the point. As for computers vs humans, it is still remarkable that it's only been in recent years that a computer could FINALLY beat the best players in the world. Yes, it's much simpler than a game like Weewar, but the number of combinations in the first ten moves is astronomical. Chess has its own appeal to me that is not diminished because of its simplicity.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

SamIAm1955 wrote:Chess has its own appeal to me that is not diminished because of its simplicity.

+1. I'm a fan of simplicity. I generally find simple (not simplistic) solutions are harder to find and more worthwhile than complex ones.

PS Are you talking about the 67 year old version of VB or the 46 year old version, when looking at the distribution?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/10/2009 05:57:32

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next