Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Rahl

Raider

Hi all,

I thought I would start this threat for maps with no bases. I got the idea when playing someone on the "battle sima" map 1 vs 1 with no possible units to make. As expected, it makes unit conservation an ultimate goal. This is a map I made with no bases... If anyone had any other base-free maps, please feel free to post them here

Last Man Standing
2 players

Warmaker

Berserker

As I'm practicing making maps, I've toyed with Survival Maps, which are your baseless maps. They focus on defense and surviving. The only thing that I worry about is slowing the play of the game. Instead of high-speed games, people slowly maneuver for position. It turns into a long chess game that may last 70+ rounds.

When working on these kinds of maps, terrain becomes the ultimate determiner of winning. You have to balance terrains and make sure they're fair and equal for all sides. It's difficult to draw up a map without a lot of planning.

Rahl, when I finish a map or two, I'll let you know. We'll compare notes.

VTTruck

Berserker

Or you could create a meat grinder ala workday carnage or battle at sima d'oro.

Lucian

Berserker

I actually planned on making a few of these for training purposes. Great thing about baseless maps... they're easily balanced!

VTTruck

Berserker

Easily balanced so long as you have enough space between the players at the start.
Otherwise blue will get the typical first turn advantage by choosing its multi-attack bonus
hits before red can turtle up.

Rahl

Raider

Warmaker wrote:
Rahl, when I finish a map or two, I'll let you know. We'll compare notes.

Sounds great!

Warmaker

Berserker

Here's something I pieced together for a first try.

http://weewar.com/map/32722

I haven't tested it for balance or for playability, but it's just a shell to develop other games. In fact, allow me to invite you to a game if you are interested. I have no repair ports and it should generally be dominated by use of terrain.

Let's play!

VTTruck

Berserker

sure send an invite

Streen

Heavy Tank

same here. looks interesting

VTTruck

Berserker

or - streen you invite me i'd send either invite but i'm full up right now. better yet -
invite rockydog - its still me but lets me get back to inviting sooner.

Warmaker

Berserker

I have an invite with Rahl. I'll let you guys tear each other up. Make sure to give me feedback and let me know what you think. I believe it's a decent map, but I'll find out tomorrow. I'm taking Sully12, a guy from work.

Lucian

Berserker

Looks very good man. I wonder how a multiplayer baseless map would play. Wouldn't mind trying a 3-on-3 map where each person controls either the land, sea or air units.

VTTruck

Berserker

air dude avoids sea dude until the destroyers are gone. then uses jets a TON

Warmaker

Berserker

I think a four player naval battle would be fun. I'll make something like that.

Unfortunately, the group of guys I regularly play with is five. It's an uneven number and I'm not sure how In-Demand five player maps are.

NickDanger

Raider

I'm in the same boat as my core group is 5 also. Does make it tough looking for decent maps to play on.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next