Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Mattie

Raider

If you like to play around with Python, I put together some almost decent classes for interacting with the Weewar game and ELIZA API:
http://code.google.com/p/weepy/

I call it project WeePy (pronounced "weepy"). But you can call it whatever you want.

It also includes the very weak bot code for ai_PuzzleBot (badbot.py). I may not keep that part up-to-date.

Let me know if you have comments or if you'd like to make submissions to the source tree to improve the libraries.

VTTruck

Berserker

Mattie - not that i've ever posted off topic before.... but I do have a question.

Whats the purpose of this map

THats a blue map if ever one was created. Blue can wipe out over half the other units
on the first turn as well as cover/capture most of the bases.

Lucian

Berserker

Testing. The terrain and unit distribution suggest it is used to measure the attack power of certain units on certain terrain, as well as defense bonuses.

VTTruck

Berserker

then why make it a six color map? just red would have been enough.

Lucian

Berserker

Testing different units against different colors and writing results in a specific table format. So ease of use would be one reason. Other than that, because it looks better?! Because he can?! Because he can invite 5 bots and beat the everlasting crap out of them and feel special about himself!? Take your pick.

Mattie

Raider

Lucian wrote:Testing. The terrain and unit distribution suggest it is used to measure the attack power of certain units on certain terrain, as well as defense bonuses.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. My test maps I usually kill pretty quickly, though.

There's an easy explanation: It was made by my 7-year-old stepson on his laptop. He enjoys making maps to go along with stories he makes up.

Every once in a while he'll even start a game and people are like "LOL. I'm sorry Mattie, but this map is entirely overbalanced for [some color]." Sorry for those people who ran into that.

I got him set up with his own account, I just haven't cleaned out the old maps quite yet.
-Mattie

VTTruck

Berserker

Excellent reason for the map. Makes me want to play it. Now if only 5 people would join....

Lucian

Berserker

Hahaha... so your stepson makes stories about a single force obliterating everyone else in the world?! Nice. You gotta get him into WeeWar.

VTTruck

Berserker

That story is now a movie in the USA