Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

VTTruck

Berserker

how does the listing work? which players get shown on the page and which dont?
i know how to get on the list, but how do you get your name shown up on the
page when others check the list?

Lucian

Berserker

What page?! Got a link?

VTTruck

Berserker

http://weewar.com/playersReadyToPlay

Lucian

Berserker

I've never appeared myself but I presume you never do appear when you look at the list. As for how everyone appears, I'm not even going to pretend to have a clue as to how it's done.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Probably a hash code? I've noticed that when I'm on there and Niki is also online, I'm almost always right below her, sometimes a couple below.

Lucian

Berserker

I always see Niki on the list when she's online.

Muzzafar

Raider

I understand that if the status in your profile is "Invite me!" then you will show up in the list of available players as long as you are online. But I do not seem to find a way to change this setting.

VTTruck

Berserker

I was online, and had my status to 'invite me' but didnt show up on the list.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Oh - they only show the first 20 or so. The order I bet depends on some internal ordering system that doesn't change except for the addition of new users. I don't always see Niki on there when she is online, but when few others are on, she and I both appear on the list.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/10/2008 17:22:49

VTTruck

Berserker

@SQ - I figured it was something random - but my question is - what is the process that decides what
20 to show?

i.e.
A) it could randomly pick 20 online available players every time you refresh the page (doesnt do that now)
B) it could be a queue where its shows the 20 available players waiting the longest to start a new game.
if you start a new game (of any type) you go to the bottom of the list.
C) it could show by ranking (doesnt now)
D) it could show alphabetic (doesnt now)

so really - what mechanism is it using to pick the 20 it shows?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I'm convinced it is not entirely random because rank order is the same. (As of this writing, once again Niki is at the top of the list, followed by me - she's always before me and we often show up on the list)

Maybe they are sorted by the result of some constant arbitrary formula that uses the player's id.

edit: they = all currently online players

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/10/2008 02:51:10

Po

Berserker

Have you guys EVER had a random invite? I realized that I haven't.

VTTruck

Berserker

i've sent random ones based on the available list.

Lucian

Berserker

I used to get random invites all the time. Now I've actually had the privilege to play with a lot of regulars and I have constant rematches, but I do get a random invite every now and again.

Darkbee

Berserker

I typically get random invites that stem from talking on the community chat, AFAIK. I don't think I have ever got a random invite from the "invite me" list. It seems that it's only slightly less than useless right now. As stated earlier, what you really need is a player search in conjunction with whether players will accept random invites or not, so that you can find players in similar time zones, similar ranking, similar favorite maps etc etc.

previous 1 2 next