Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

davewasthere

Raider

tbh, there is cooperation/collusion in multiplayer games as a matter of course. But ideally on a case-by-case basis. Not a pre-determined thing.
Reckon it's a difficult thing to prove.

Darkbee

Berserker

I think in this specific case, it seems to be a case of temporary alliance, i.e. these two players are not known for colluding continuously, but just decided to work together for a couple of games. Like you say, it's hard to tell and not much you can do about it in this instance, other than keep an eye on the both of them and see if it continues.

I've played JunkNJones and he seems nice enough. Don't know the other guy.

Lucian

Berserker

I was gonna mention that JunkNJones thus far had a good rep. The two joined a year apart and they haven't even preferred each other. I'm thinking they just thought the same thing at some point. People often times go for what's easier or the person they're more intimidated of.

Hell... Darkbee is a perfect example. He doesn't care if he loses all his games... as long as I don't win them. :p

Darkbee

Berserker

Lucian wrote:Hell... Darkbee is a perfect example. He doesn't care if he loses all his games... as long as I don't win them. :p

Now why would you say such hurtful things?

Lucian

Berserker

Cause they're true.

Darkbee

Berserker

Oh yeah, you're right! {broken smiley MrGreen substitute}

You should feel honored, I only try to take down the players I know are way better than me!

Lucian

Berserker

...which is why I still don't get why you rather go for me over players like Niki, VT and Rahl. VT is about equal, but I can safely say that Niki and Rahl are stronger opponents. :p

davewasthere

Raider

Haha.. yeah, that's a fair call. Guess sometimes it pays not to be too far in front as well. Probably tall poppy syndrome or something. I just wish they'd fight each other now that I'm completely crippled, but it definitely looks like they're going to hammer me first at least.

If they continue to just thump me and not touch each other, then I'm just going to surrender - because I'm already half their army potential.

Such is life.

Darkbee

Berserker

Lucian wrote:...which is why I still don't get why you rather go for me over players like Niki, VT and Rahl. VT is about equal, but I can safely say that Niki and Rahl are stronger opponents. :p

Lucian, let it out my friend. Clearly you're bitter about some game or other.

You just gotta let it go. {grin}

@Dave - Yep, think you just got the short end of this stick this time around.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/2009 20:38:42

VTTruck

Berserker

He goes after you since I hardly play multiplayer games.

Also because he loves you.

If you being better than me means DB is going after you first, then by all means - you are the better player.
hands down.

Lucian

Berserker

Actually, VT... comparing scores... you're miles ahead. Get him Bee!

@ Dave: A lot of the time when one player is down on his luck the others will tear him apart as they pick up easy bases that way, but at the same time they can also turn on each other if they sense the other is getting too powerful. The best and ONLY thing you can really do is spam light troopers and cover favorable terrain. Slow down their advance and bottleneck their troops heading your way. Try to force them to fight each other.

davewasthere

Raider

Well, actually - I couldn't have lost that game. (due to the weird 'extra' terrain in the top left where I still had an existing trooper that couldn't be killed) But they wouldn't accept peace and I just didn't have the patience to play it out. Would rather play games that have meaning to them.

Maybe it was a one-off. I'd give either of them individually a chance, but I don't think I'd play a multiplayer free-for-all against either player again.

Weewar still rocks, but that's the first game I've not enjoyed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/04/2009 17:03:05

Darkbee

Berserker

davewasthere wrote:Weewar still rocks, but that's the first game I've not enjoyed.

Sadly, it's probably not the last.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/04/2009 18:24:39

Shulgin

Tank

this guy
FruityBill
has recently entered the top 15 and somehow looks fishy. far too impressive record and only 154 based captured in 105 victories...

DirtStyx

Tank

I looked through his Recent tab and there are 20 players that all rank 1500 that have a combined total of about 3 bases captured between them all. What is even more interesting is that ALL 20 of them have join dates within one month of his (March 29 of last year), and the majority of those haven't logged in for over a year. One could infer from that information that he could have been doing some heavy point farming and colluding when he first joined. What is more is that the smattering of other players with different rankings, there are 7 of them that have join dates within a year. The only player I recognize in there is Matt538. Maybe someone that knows him could ask him if he remembers getting rolled in a multiplayer game recently. To me, it looks like Matt is the only legit player he has even played so far.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 21/04/2009 14:20:58

previous 1 2 3 4 next