Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Lucian

Berserker

Thank you very much for that.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

As Round 1 wraps up, everyone go ahead and start Round 2 whenever you're ready.

Round 2 is on "Copy of Jovana's Fields" by General Death : http://weewar.com/map/31562

Again, please comment on replacing the Round 3 Map "Higher Straits v1.2" with this one:
"Stirling's Meadow" by Stirling : http://weewar.com/map/25744

I think it is balanced and will not end up being a terribly short game because the bases are well spread out and none are in the center.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/01/2009 16:15:52

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

DO the replacement please. Higher straights is a boring map for red, blue controls all the early action and a lucky hit in the middle can end the game before it really gets going

madmike

Raider

According to my current plays. Red always wins higher straights, but yes it needs to be replaced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/01/2009 19:08:46

Muzzafar

Raider

spadequack wrote:I am thinking of replacing the third round map (jeye's Higher Straits 1.2) with Stirling's Meadow: http://weewar.com/map/25744 .

As Stirling has pointed out to me, Higher Straits has all of the power in the middle; whoever wins the middle essentially wins the game. Additionally, such maps are really difficult to balance well. I imagine games on this map would take fewer than 20 rounds for the middle to be decided. I haven't played the map much, but in my experiences on it, I feel that that is true. What do you all think?

Not sure about everyone else, but I personally dislike Higher Straits very much - for exactly the same reasons as stated by Stirling.
My only comment to Meadow would be that it is not exactly symmetrical, is it? (But I trust Stirling made sure it is balanced.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/01/2009 21:03:39

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Muzzafar wrote:
spadequack wrote:snip

Not sure about everyone else, but I personally dislike Higher Straits very much - for exactly the same reasons as stated by Stirling.
My only comment to Meadow would be that it is not exactly symmetrical, is it? (But I trust Stirling made sure it is balanced.)

Meadow is very close to symmetric. The swamp placement and border water tiles are different but they make negligible difference in gameplay. Only red can capture first turn to offset blue's FTA. I'm not sure how the rest plays out since I haven't played that map yet.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 25/01/2009 22:42:59

Juffe

Raider

I disagree that Higher Straits is all about the middle, and I disagree that one colour always wins. But it's ok if it's replaced, because it's too much about the first moves.

VTTruck

Berserker

madmike wrote:According to my current plays. Red always wins higher straights, but yes it needs to be replaced.

Damn. I didn't realize I'd lost our game already.

Darkbee

Berserker

VTTruck wrote:
madmike wrote:According to my current plays. Red always wins higher straights, but yes it needs to be replaced.

To be fair on of those plays was against me and I probably s@%#w with the curve.

Although I did play someone on that map, who is of about the same skill level as me, with myself as blue and I got slaughtered. So, I'm leaning towards bias is with red.

VTTruck

Berserker

Darkbee wrote:
VTTruck wrote:

To be fair on of those plays was against me and I probably s@%#w with the curve.

Although I did play someone on that map, who is of about the same skill level as me, with myself as blue and I got slaughtered. So, I'm leaning towards bias is with red.

I'm not sure this one is done either way, but I certainly don't feel like i've lost it yet.

http://weewar.com/game/135026

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/01/2009 11:35:30

Lucian

Berserker

You can still recover V, but I'm unsure if mike will let you. Good luck on it though.

Darkbee

Berserker

Interesting coz when I looked at the game earlier I think VT had a slight advantage.... must be that red bias kicking in.

VTTruck

Berserker

funny, i still think i'm in the game. someone point out where its clearly lost for me and i'll surrender to mike
here and now.

edit: games done, pretty sure i didn't lose.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/01/2009 16:34:57

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

spadequack wrote:
Games should be set up with a 1 day pace and should be rated. All units are allowed. Chat should be open for spectators. Do not boot idle players unless they have been idle for 1 week.

I overlooked this rule and since I broke it, I'm removing myself. My apologies and well wishes to Decapitus.

Hal2000

Raider

I think dropping out is silly. I watched that game and you had him beat which he admits. If he feels he had a chance to win, play another game and settle it. Having him take your place for an honest mistake isn't the answer.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next