«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Po

Berserker

Meh...I don't want to waste anyone's time. =/

Lucian

Berserker

Booze Brothers it is.

@ Po: Too good to play with the rest of us?

VTTruck

Berserker

i assume team lucian-entregreeneur is known as 'aussie ninjas'

thetaz and i claim 'HokiesUnited'

Lucian

Berserker

Yup. Here's entre and I posing for a photo at the 5th Annual Ninja Convention. Luckily we managed to get seats in time. The thing always gets sold out.

VTTruck

Berserker

Actually, I can see you up at the podium. Your mask needs a bit of adjustment.

Warmaker

Berserker

VTTruck wrote:i assume team lucian-entregreeneur is known as 'aussie ninjas'

thetaz and i claim 'HokiesUnited'

My wife and I went to a Va Tech/B.C. game two weeks ago. We sat near the Viriginia Tech faithful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Hoakie is a goose or a chicken, right?

VTTruck

Berserker

A Hokie is a 'Fighting Gobbler' thus a Turkey and not a goose. And to go a step
further its an emasculated Turkey. For Force, Anon, and the the other uneducated
that means its been castrated. And yes we are proud of our mascot.

I mean, how well do you think you'd be able to fight after someone did that to you?

I can continue the education about 'Hokie' but I'm guessing nobody but me and theTaz would
care. Although I did see a few other VT players around the site.

Warmaker

Berserker

THAT'S where the VT came from. This makes perfect sense. And for Force, Anon, et al, castration is what your parents should do to you to help continue the positive gains made by evolution. If we can cut you out of the gene pool, hooray for us!

There was a book I read where a character suggests humans be put away from ages 11-19. They eventually get to rejoin society. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

VTTruck

Berserker

starship troopers had a great premise. you had to serve society to gain things you wanted. politics,
better jobs, having kids.

otherwise known as: the US requires a license to drive. A license to check books out of the library.
and a license to obtain a firearm. but anyone can have 10 kids. we need licenses to breed.

oh, and... Go Hokies!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/11/2008 20:20:45

Warmaker

Berserker

Did you read the book or see the movie? Robert Heinlein (sp?) wrote it. It's an amazing treatise on warfare and politics. Read the book one day.

VTTruck

Berserker

I read it a ton of years ago... nearly 2 decades. you forget i'm one of the
geezers around here. I can honestly say I first read the lord of the rings trilogy 23 years
ago. Which was a few years after I read Dune and Shogun. I should probably revisit it,
but this discussion belongs in the book thread now

Darkbee

Berserker

I think you should need a license to raise kids. If we require by law to demonstrate competency in driving, then surely we should need to demonstrate competency in parenting. Just a thought.

Would totally blow though if I failed the test.

Warmaker

Berserker

It's a good idea, but then people would complain about government intervention with human rights, like breeding. Even if it is a good idea for a society, it goes against nature.

I'm sure the debate would be a fun one.

Streen

Heavy Tank

Darkbee wrote:I think you should need a license to raise kids. If we require by law to demonstrate competency in driving, then surely we should need to demonstrate competency in parenting. Just a thought.

I would agree with this.

anyone seen idiocracy?
The movie sucks, but the intro is truth.

TAZ

Heavy Trooper

Hey Truck, as a side note you can get lots of firearms without any type of "license", but you are right, thank goodness we are safer due to the regulation of library books.

@Warmaker - GO Hokies!!! (sorry I caught up to this thread a litle late) And people will complain about anything, though their "interferring with nature" defense may not work since in nature the strong kill and eat the weak, so the bad parents would get filtered out that way.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next