Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

mawif

Heavy Trooper

Re the sync issues, I've noticed that I get a lot more of them at work than I do at home. The obvious difference is that, although it's a faster connection, there's a caching proxy in the way at work.

Could be anecdotal - anyone else seen anything similar?

RockyDog

Berserker

I only play from home and get extremely few reload/resync errors.

and yet I still am unhappy with the game speed.

RockyDog

Berserker

blog says that changes/fixes were made today. including being able to cap a teammates base.

anyone notice any other fixes?

bonchon

Heavy Trooper

Mine is simple.

Flash goes against everything I liked about Weewar.

I'm not playing it anymore, because Flash has too many technical problems, doesn't work on iPhone / iPad, and encourages pointless complexity.

It's sad, I really loved Weewar.

Hal2000

Raider

The new interface still causes you to lose units purchased and doesn't refund the money upon reload. That little bug just ruined a game for me since my battleship just disappeared. Such bullshit.

MrArmageddon

Heavy Trooper

The little pop-ups that hide the screen to tell me important information like troopers are weak and battleships are awesome continue to suck. A lot.

Darkbee

Berserker

MrArmageddon wrote:The little pop-ups that hide the screen to tell me important information like troopers are weak and battleships are awesome continue to suck. A lot.

Come on! You can never have enough information at your fingertips! I suppose next you'll be saying the little coin icons are pointless!

RockyDog

Berserker

waiting for the next new-guy update on fixes. any word out there?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/02/2010 11:31:42

Darkbee

Berserker

RockyDog wrote:waiting for the next new-guy update on fixes. any word out there?

Careful RD, your expectations are rising mightily high there!

Knarps

Heavy Trooper

What about bringing bach the HTML client and testing the flash on the beta-server until all bugs are repaired? At the moment, the flash client ruins games!

And please, feel free to grant the pros an extra month of premium. We paid for the working HTML client and now suffer from flash-bugs and frequent server-downs... Thanks!

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

The HTML version was ruining games too.

Knarps

Heavy Trooper

Tygerdave wrote:The HTML version was ruining games too.

May be. My experience: nearly two years with HTML: no problems. One month of flash: four problems...

RockyDog

Berserker

looking to see if others have this problem with the new interface:

previously if i had a game open in a window, it would show the opponents moves as they happened and then auto update that page when it was my turn. the header at the top of my browser would actually say 'your turn - gamename' as would hte tab that the game was in.

now - i dont see their moves (minor issue, but desired) and more importantly the only way
i know its my turn is to have another tab open with my games HQ and watch it's status,
or continually reload the game page-view when i think it might be my turn.

in a two player game, where both are online and active on the same game, this slows down the play quite a bit.

mawif

Heavy Trooper

RockyDog wrote:looking to see if others have this problem with the new interface

Yup, I had that. I was teaching someone to play - I was sat right next to them, so I could watch their screen as I moved. Was a bit odd. My client (on Mac OS X) would at least tell me when it was my turn, theirs (on Windows XP) didn't - I had to tell them to refresh the page to take their turn.

Darkbee

Berserker

I think the game/turn notification has been erratic for a while, even before the Flash update. Guess it hasn't been improved any.

I know that it seems to be work only some of the time (if at all) when in Community chat, nevermind watching people take their turns.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/02/2010 16:06:05

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next