Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13 next

chriswells78

Trooper

I'll try that, thanks!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

JumpmanMJP wrote:Anybody else get this weird scrolly window thingy in the upper-right when viewing a game that you're not signed into?

It happens when I view a game I'm not playing in, or a game I played but have finished, or when I'm not signed in.

nope. that's really weird though. it looks like it is part of the flash object itself.

Shulgin

Tank

JumpmanMJP wrote:Anybody else get this weird scrolly window thingy in the upper-right when viewing a game that you're not signed into?

It happens when I view a game I'm not playing in, or a game I played but have finished, or when I'm not signed in.

same problem here when using firefox 3.0.16 or opera 10 under linux(kde) and flash 10.0 r46

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/12/2009 19:57:05

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

Mine happened under Gnome, Ubuntu 9.10, Firefox 3.5, and the 64-bit Flash 10 beta... but it's also happened for me on Win XP, Firefox 3.0.x, Flash 10.0 r42.

Darkbee

Berserker

Problem seems obvious to me.. clearly you don't have enough browser tabs open at once.

On a more serious note, seems like Linux is the common denominator. I'll give it a try on Linux and see what happens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/12/2009 20:35:16

Shulgin

Tank

Darkbee wrote:On a more serious note, seems like Linux is the common denominator. I'll give it a try on Linux and see what happens.

JumpmanMJP wrote:...but it's also happened for me on Win XP, Firefox 3.0.x, Flash 10.0 r42.

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

I'm a dirty liar... thought I remembered seeing it on Win XP, but when I try to replicate it, it doesn't happen.

Happens on Linux only for me. Also, the scrollbars scroll the upper-right corner icons (game details button, offering peace, teams).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/12/2009 23:27:00

flyingrobots

Trooper

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Flash. Now you can't play weewar on most smartphones. Thanks.

If you insist on forcing us to use Flash, at least consider the following critiques:

We need an option to disable the attack animations - they get in the way and only add more clicks to complete an attack action. Increasing the number of clicks required to complete a given action is bad UI design.

Flash scroll bars are also bad UI design. Invisible ones are even worse The old scroll bars worked with my mouse's scroll wheel and/or laptop touch pad. The new scroll bars are an unfortunate consequence of switching to Flash. At least make the scroll bars visible by default. I had to find them myself.

Rather than creating a new fa├žade using Flash (which has been executed poorly and suffers from bad UI design), why not focus your efforts on fixing the bugs in the actual game?

Darkbee

Berserker

I can tell you with almost Mayan end-of-world certainty that animations will be optional. It is definitely something on the developer's radar.

luckymustard

Raider

an idea i just had (probly not the 1st beta tester to have though)... since flash takes a bit of time to load after clicking "end turn", then why not have an option to leave. that is not have it reload, the map and view it which i don't care to do. how about it just takes me back to the "games" page.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

The test server has been updated. It seems like a number of bugs have been fixed, animations are optional, and game chat is now integrated into the Flash interface.

Warmaker

Berserker

I think making the functions optional is a step in the right direction. I played a quick game against Zapp (Whom I've never played before) and I got smashed in the face with a remanicence (I don't care how it is spelled) of Desert Command from NES. I think there was a second game from that, Super Desert Command or something.

Fun, but the extra clicks got distracting after a while. And sound would have been incredible.

luckymustard

Raider

thanks for letting us know sq! i was caught a little off guard by the change, as were other weewarriors in a 6 player game i was in, and half of them left the game, seemingly because of it... they thought something was seriously wrong.

real reason i'm talking here though is that i joined one of your "test" games and it now has a reload error everytime i go to play it. i'll tell the devs via the contact soon probably. just thought i'd let you know.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

yeah... i realized that too. my three open games are broken but i know why and reported them

conrey

Heavy Trooper

the new interface sucks. I don't play wee war for the graphics or flash. i play for a simple to play fun strategy game. now we can't use smartphones. can't use map coords to communicate, it looks WORSE than before by trying to moderize it.

this is the equivalent of new coke. no one liked that either.

previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13 next