Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

katakana

Raider

No, sorry Dave... that was not meant towards you... it was meant towards the devs.

davewasthere

Raider

Ahhh. It was my fault for using a shitty selector. That said, I couldn't have predicted their change. (changing how the username was displayed top right... at the moment it's inconsistent too!)

Maybe they're deliberately breaking team chat?

CaptainCupCake

Tank

I doubt it's sabotage, but I'd be surprised if this [functionality] wasn't in their pipeline somewhere - I see it as a 'core' feature rather than an optional extra. Praps you stole a bit of their thunder

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/11/2009 07:03:42

Darkbee

Berserker

katakana wrote:No, sorry Dave... that was not meant towards you... it was meant towards the devs.

Need I even say anything? Blame it on the website!

CaptainCupCake wrote:I doubt it's sabotage, but I'd be surprised if this [functionality] wasn't in their pipeline somewhere - I see it as a 'core' feature rather than an optional extra. Praps you stole a bit of their thunder

Dave has been smote by the devs!

Hal2000

Raider

This is a VERY small compliant, but the updated team chat script now causes all of my games to default to the team chat when I open them. I'd prefer that the default be regular chat and then I can click the team chat if I want. As I said, this is a minor thing.

I appreciate your work.

davewasthere

Raider

Comment out line 163:

And it'll not default to TeamChat.

I'm hoping to add an indicator which shows whether Group or Team chat have new messages. (so you'll know to switch tabs)

That said, Devs might release team chat functionality, in which case we can turn the GM script off.

Shulgin

Tank

davewasthere wrote:
That said, Devs might release team chat functionality, in which case we can turn the GM script off.

but maybe they don't they haven't given any hints in this direction and it's a long-desired feature. i really wouldn't bank on a native weewar team chat...

tralafiti

Raider

via email they wrote me
we'd definitely like to allow that eventually. But it will not make it into the first release.

but that was back in may

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/11/2009 19:34:35

Hal2000

Raider

davewasthere wrote:Comment out line 163:

I'm hoping to add an indicator which shows whether Group or Team chat have new messages. (so you'll know to switch tabs)

Oh dave, you are so funny. You act as if I know anything about scripts and editing them.

NOOB HERE. Help a brother out.

Darkbee

Berserker

Hal2000 wrote:
davewasthere wrote:Comment out line 163:

Oh dave, you are so funny. You act as if I know anything about scripts and editing them.

NOOB HERE. Help a brother out.

• Right click on your GreaseMonkey script icon in your browser (mine is in the bottom right hand corner)
  • Choose Manage Scripts
  • Select the Weewar Team Chat script and click the Edit button below the list of scripts.
  • The source code of the script should now open up in some kind of editor, most likely Notepad, so hopefully you should be able to edit the text.
  • Go to line 163, either by scrolling or press CTRL+F (to find text) and type selectTeamChat();
  • at the very beginning of that line insert a double forward slash like so "//" (without the double quotes).
  • Close and save the file, then refresh your browser.
  • Your work here is done! Congratulations, you're a programmer!
  • This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/11/2009 20:46:17

davewasthere

Raider

Shhhh! You've given away how insanely easy it is!
    Do you realise what you've done?

Now there'll be tons of crazy scripts out there!

Darkbee

Berserker

davewasthere wrote:Shhhh! You've given away how insanely easy it is!
    Do you realise what you've done?

Now there'll be tons of crazy scripts out there!

Do you want me to ROT13 the steps and see if Hal can figure it out?

Hal2000

Raider

I did it! I'm a programmer now! Go me!

tralafiti

Raider

updated the code to working with the flash interface, dave was so nice to put it on his userscript-account so that his great auto-update should kick in http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61882

Nature_God

Tank

Fantastic!!!!!! I have been posting the link to the update in all my games so everyone can find out and we can all have it again

Any news on if we are going to get all the other scripts updated? Stats, graphics etc...

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next