Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15 next

General_Death

Tank

that's right Somar, you have to have at least one spot open.. The tourney will be one game at a time anyway
Winner moves on. So as long as you have 1 space open, you should be fine : )

RockyDog

Berserker

so you're going to run a single elimination bracket? seeded by ranking?

General_Death

Tank

RD, I could sure use your help setting it up, I've never been in a tourney before.. can you please email me with suggestions?

I was thinking ok, 20 players 10 vs. 10, whoever loses is eliminated, then next game is 5 vs. 5.. etc.. till you get to the top.. does that work?

I clearly don't know what I'm doing, need your advice please email me at akoushm@hotmail.com, or just let me know how you think it should work here.

Basically I don't want to tie up people's space, so they should only be playing one game at a time

conrey

Heavy Trooper

The best way would be to have some multiple of 8 (8, 16,32 etc) so that you can do it as pairings. if you have other numbers you need to work in byes or double elim in some way. 16 probably makes the most sense. seed based on ranking and have #1 play 16, 2 vs 15, etc and then end up with a bracket similar to what you'd find for the NCAA basketball tourney in March.

conrey

Heavy Trooper

like this

RockyDog

Berserker

I'd say exactly what conrey posted. 16 players would be good. seeded based on current points.
in round 1: 1 plays 16, 2 vs 15, 3 vs 14, etc...
if you cant read the graphic conrey posted i can put in in ascii-graphic.

its a single elimination format and very easy to run.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/10/2009 01:54:49

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

http://weewartournaments.com/new_tourney.php

Just set it up there, this is exactly the type of tournament that site was built for

drdrew

Raider

I've tried that site before but I think it's better to just use the forum

Knarps

Heavy Trooper

drdrew wrote:I've tried that site before but I think it's better to just use the forum

I've tried that site before and I think it works perfect...

Somar96

Tank

I don't understand how that site works, I registered for a few tournaments and nothing ever happened.

Darkbee

Berserker

somar96 wrote:I don't understand how that site works, I registered for a few tournaments and nothing ever happened.

It doesn't do anything clever like notify you of your games, it's just a place to generate the matches and store the results.

Somar96

Tank

forum is better for that then

Darkbee

Berserker

somar96 wrote:forum is better for that then

The forum doesn't alert you when it's your turn or anything either. Personally, I think forums are horrible for storing information that needs to be retrieved multiple times. The WeewarTournaments site makes much more sense for simple tournaments. That website takes care of some of the logistics and present the status of the tournament in a way that is easy to understand at a glance. It doesn't rely on one person constantly updated their own forum thread so that the results are up-to-date.

Just my opinion.

Somar96

Tank

How does that site alert you?

Darkbee

Berserker

somar96 wrote:How does that site alert you?

I think to understand it, you would have to use it. It is simple but effective. I don't really know what else to say.

previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15 next