previous 1 2 next

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

Create your signature here:
http://nomadisoft.freevar.com/WeeSig/index.php

Developers
Nomadikhan (current Developer)
Kristofer (Author)

This will create a small dynamic (updates in realtime) signature pic for you based on some input. At current there are 4 themes to choose from but I am working on some more to add. Here's a Glimpse of what can be made right now.

Also, people who donate $1.00 to help keep this project active will be able to design a custom signatures for themselves that is UNIQUE to them. Kind of like mine:

I'll host it on my site and when you create your sig it will have the custom background. As well as text color you specify. If this receives enough attention I'll try to add more options when I can.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 01/09/2008 22:20:27

Lucian

Berserker

This is looking amazing.

One suggestion. Put a white stroke around the "Offline/Online" text so you can use red, blue, yellow and green backgrounds, otherwise it makes it too difficult to see.

This looks pretty cool with single colors and the little pattern designs, but I'll see if I can come up with image designs and contact you.

Great work though. I like it heaps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/08/2008 04:57:22

alex

Raider

Excellent job - we'll update the tools section asap!

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

Lucian:

Not sure what you mean by white stroke, but come up with designs as you said and I'll add them!

EDIT: How about that type of stroke Lucian? It's loading an image for the online/offline indicator.... should show correctly for any theme now!

Alex:

Thanks for updating the section! I'm glad its recieving +feedback ^^

EDIT: When I get time this evening I am going to make the Pro/Basic into an image also, something flashy!... or colorful, we'll see. Pro's need to[i] be rewarded lol

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 28/08/2008 14:41:01

Lucian

Berserker

Yes, that is looking much better now. I'll try and get in a couple of designs done over the weekend and flick them over.

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

sounds good!

Mattie

Raider

Very cool! How hard is it to auto-generate the referrer link in the image?

-Mattie

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

Let me refresh myself here, the refferrer link is for if people click your sig, then register at weewar they get points right?

EDIT: The original source had it point to your profile page. I'm not sure how to get the id# for the refferal from the xml. I know where it is tho.

<user name="something" id="99999">

Not sure how to pull the 'id' tag out of there using php.... all the others are simple because they are just <points> or <wins>... I just do $variable - $xmlfilevariable->points;

But doing $id = $xmlfilevariable->user id; doesn't do anything.

Can anyone enlighten me?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 30/08/2008 01:32:29

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I don't know, but Google tells me:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.simplexml-element-attributes.php

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

Yea I did a yahoo ask thing and someone answered with the same link. I've tried it and according to the guide sometimes attributes won't even load... which is what I think is happening.. because I'm not getting a broken link when I refresh the page.... so the syntax is passing checks ok.

In all honesty, WeeWar should move the gamer id from an attribute to an element. Every other piece of data in the xml file is in an element... so why can't the ID# be too.

Until then, tomorrow I will add another text box on the generator and you can manually enter your ID# for refferals.. Once I do, if you enter a number, it'll link it, if not it will link to your profile.

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

Ok i got bored before bed... ...

You can now specify your referral ID# in the generator. It's completely optional but if you do, then it will add the number to the weblink it makes with your pic. That way if someone clicks on your sig and then signs up for WeeWar, you will get credit for it! Hey 5 referrals and you get 2 FREE weeks Pro status. Not bad really!

Hopefully WeeWar staff will someday change the ID from an xml attribute to an element, which would then make this automatic.... and you would only have to select yes or no. But as of right now, you gotta type the number out... not a big deal.

This weekend I am going to clean the code up a bit and if I like what I see, I'll move this out of beta status!

alex

Raider

I need to double check but I think http://weewar.com/?referrer=alex is working, too.

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

let me know if it is, because that would make things extremely simple.... I can heave the user choose whether to link to profile or link with referrer ID. all would be bliss

P.S. The WeeWar Bdage Generator link in the tools section still points to the old site, wasn't sure if it's updatable or not

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/08/2008 16:15:48

lNomadl

Heavy Trooper

Ok, here's the latest list of things I did:
-Cleaned up the code A LOT (It'll be easier to find and add things later, donator benefits etc.)
-You can choose to either link your sig to your profile or link it to your referral ID
-Added the ability to choose text color!!!

At this point the program/generator is now out of beta and is at v1.0 Final. This means I will be posting updates for this in the WeeWar Badge Generator wiki page from now on. I will still check here so if anyone is having issues or finds a bug please post it here or email me.

Lastly, to a staff member, The Link in the Tools Sections still points to the original generator, it is no longer in development by the author, I am maintaining it now and I need it relinked to http://www.nomadisoft.freevar.com/WeeSig/index.php. I used the contact form to no avail.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 31/08/2008 04:06:22

Po

Berserker

This is cool, but the forums support signatures, I don't see myself using it. =/

previous 1 2 next