Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Sad, worrisome news:

http://www.gamesradar.com/bioware-san-francisco-shut-down-employees-laid-off/
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ea-shuts-down-dragon-age-legends-studio-bioware-san-francisco/

Bioware SF, formerly known as EA2D, was the studio that ran Weewar.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/03/2013 05:30:34

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

oh crap

nocks

Heavy Trooper

So weewar is about to get down?

kersplat

Raider

Let the mass migrations to Warnet begin...

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Well, we're still here. And we've still been here despite Alex, Bert, Lillian, Mark, and I moving on to elsewhere months to years ago. But any hopes of reviving or transferring this baby are now more zero than ever.

sims

Heavy Trooper

"refugees" from weewar are all welcome to uniwar (Android/iOS) if you want
Mobile/tablet crossplattform TBS game with many similarities with weewar but with 3 races.

Contact me there ingame (sims2, simsverd) for an introduction. I play both casual and high level games.
I also moderate the forums there.

JanRoman

Raider

Hexfray is playable already. Battle calculation and ratings will be introduced during this weekend. I believe it will be great since we cooperate with Weewar players during the development. Mobile application is planned as well.

wala69

Trooper

How can someone join you guys and test the game? I see posts on FB all the time but nobody answers to my questions or requests there.

Thanks

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Wait, where are you seeing Weewar Facebook posts? To my knowledge, no one has posted anything there for years...

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Hexfray has a Facebook page Spade, that's the reference

Garry

Raider

This is very sad news.

But hey, with the company going under does the game code go public domain?

Or, more realistically, are there bankrupcy proceedings that the weewar users group could make an offer for the game code/rights? perhaps using kickstarter as the honest broker for funds?

General_Death

Tank

That's unfortunate, It has been a blast, maybe that's a sign from the Gods to stop playing video games.. lol

Jokes aside, it was a good pass-time, and it was great to meet you all. Cheers,