Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

kersplat

Raider

Can anybody help heal a broken chat window? http://weewar.com/game/368001

I typed in a message and now the whole window is blank, as if the chat module is gone. I have tried logging out and back in again. I've also tried different browsers. I don't know if anybody else is seeing it though since I can't see their responses.

If I remember right, this is what I typed before it went blank: "crap - I remember the 80's. fondly. "

I think I'm being punished for enjoying the 80's.

Spade, you around to help a guy out?

thuldai

Raider

This happens to me every so often as well, at seemingly random times. Haven't found anything to fix it. I assume it has to do with some weird special characters that might sneak in (some accidentally pressed ctrl key, Umlaut or so) that breaks the chat. Although not sure about that.

Maybe SQ can help but I would anticipate that that game will continue without chat and that the chat is gone for ever. Make a new game to continue chatting...

I would also anticipate that this is a bug that will remain unfixed...

Sorry I don't have better news. Maybe somebody else knows better?

kersplat

Raider

Thanks Thuldai

ovalteens

Trooper

I too am now having this problem. It follows me to other computers as well. I have two games now where the chat is broken for me.

Darkbee

Berserker

If you don't know the other people in the game, then you could always invite them to a new game, if nothing else but just to tell them that chat is broken for you and you can't see anything.

If memory serves, I've had this problem once or twice and I don't think there's anything you can do to get it back. What browser/s are you using out of curiosity?

ovalteens

Trooper

Well, it's happening to me on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer on windows. On Mac, it's persisting on Firefox and Safari.

So it's broke all over the place.

EvilElf

Heavy Trooper

I've seen this with lately but it fixes itself for me.

cfc0d3r

Trooper

I have had a broken chat window for the past few months, in one of my games. Anyone have a fix for this? Can a Weewar admin go in and clear out a character that may have been causing problems?

Darkbee

Berserker

cfc0d3r wrote:I have had a broken chat window for the past few months, in one of my games. Anyone have a fix for this? Can a Weewar admin go in and clear out a character that may have been causing problems?

Doubtful, Weewar isn't really monitored by anyone any more. The game can be deleted but that's about it.