Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

simonsaysdie

Trooper

i practically have to beg to get a game...

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Personally, I find it too risky to play 5 minute turn games. When I did play them, maybe half of the people I played against would boot me for being a little late or for not understanding when I had to be away from the computer for more than 5 minutes for a good reason.

Unless I am sure that I have around two hours to spare, undisturbed, where I might not have to be away from the computer for 5 minutes for some reason, e.g. bathroom, food, phone call, people around me or online who want to chat, then I won't join a game where I run the risk of being booted for being a second late.

Instead, when I want to play quick games, I find online people who I have played before who I think will not boot me for being late and invite them to 1-day games that I specify as quick games. A game doesn't have to have a 5-minute turn limit to be fast and end in one sitting, so why run the risk?

Just my 2 cents.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/01/2012 06:48:07

Darkbee

Berserker

As Spadequack said, you can play fast games that have a 1 day turn limit, there isn't anything to stop you doing that. You just need to find people that are available to play a game (or a large part of the game in 1 sitting). As Spade also pointed out, most people are gun-shy for 5 minute limit games because there are too many douchebags out there that kick you for being 2 seconds over the limit when all you needed to do was pee.

General_Death

Tank

Hey Simon!.. Don't beg, or make them unrated.. No one wants to play 5 min rated games

The_Colostimizer

Trooper

Some of the best games i have had have been unrated games. It is amazing how much you can learn from someone who is rated 300points higher than you in friendly game

thuldai

Raider

Despite all the very excellent replies simonsaysdie won't stop cluttering the chat with his desperate pleas for 5 minute games.

Bummer.

Mendacious

Trooper

simonsaysdie wrote:i practically have to beg to get a game...

I am prepared to play five minute games. However you I and anyone else participating would have to agree on a time frame in advance for the game.

I often have hours to spare for a game like this. Put me down on your contacts list and when you want to host a game decide on a day and times and message them to me. I will usually give you a quick response on my availability.

Warmaker

Berserker

Mendacious wrote:
simonsaysdie wrote:i practically have to beg to get a game...

I am prepared to play five minute games. However you I and anyone else participating would have to agree on a time frame in advance for the game.

I often have hours to spare for a game like this. Put me down on your contacts list and when you want to host a game decide on a day and times and message them to me. I will usually give you a quick response on my availability.

The first sentence is exactly why you don't play five minute games. You agree on a time frame of a day. It's that easy. That way there's no threat to kick somebody. I find anyone with a 24 hour timeframe will move when their turn is up, no matter how much time is left, unless they're getting beaten and they try to stall. If that happens, you've won already.