Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 next

Warmaker

Berserker

I have been reading the last round's comments with interest. I believe two (2) years ago, I took on running a WeeWar-ld Cup style tournament. It was delayed, slowed, and ground to a halt without any advancement past the 2nd (1st, even?) round.

I understand the frustration and resentment coming from RD. It takes time, effort, creativity, and encouragement to keep things moving. And it seems everyone attacks you from all angles and for any decision you make. Hell, you get attacked for not making a decision.

I have an elegant and intriguing suggestion. We do as was thrown out earlier and have an A league and B league. I somehow earned a 1600 score and my tournament works by beating a 1500 level player followed by getting crushed by someone good. I lose interest after the first round.

If we ran an 1800+ tournament, a mid-juniors tournament, and a <1500 tournament, people would be excited. Newbies may play more, old-timers who don't have great scores would hang around and play games, and we could run them concurrently, creating some excitement and enthusiasm. Maybe I could make it to round 3. Each league has its own commish and they run things as they see fit. No arguments, no challenges, just good old-fashioned dictatorship.

In fact, why not have actual leagues that ran league play for two months, then play-offs, and championships, etc? That might hook people.

Discuss.

*Apologies for grammar/spelling. I'm an American public school kid.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/07/2011 20:51:39

jeye

Tank

Will there be a game for 3rd place?

I think this would be a good idea.

Juffe

Raider

Btw, does this year's tournament winner get awarded anything else than undying glory? I don't think it was stated anywhere.

Rosenstern_and_Guildencrantz

Heavy Trooper

Juffe wrote:Btw, does this year's tournament winner get awarded anything else than undying glory? I don't think it was stated anywhere.

YEP! They get to play ME on a balanced map of their choosing to defend their title.

General_Death

Tank

Rosenstern_and_Guildencrantz wrote:
Juffe wrote:Btw, does this year's tournament winner get awarded anything else than undying glory? I don't think it was stated anywhere.

YEP! They get to play ME on a balanced map of their choosing to defend their title.

That would be fun to watch... If I win, you got yourself a game buddy!

Copes

Heavy Trooper

General_Death wrote:
Rosenstern_and_Guildencrantz wrote:

That would be fun to watch... If I win, you got yourself a game buddy!

If I happen to win, then I also accept R&G's challenge!

previous 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 next