Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Pluto is not going to be renewing his website that hosts his Weewar battle simulator and says that I/we can host it elsewhere. Does anyone else want to host it? Did anyone happen to save the Flash file? I have the source code and can recompile it if necessary.

UPDATE: The new location for Pluto's Battle Simulator is kindly hosted by Daithi at http://pbs.weewarspy.co.uk/. Please update your bookmarks accordingly.

Edited by Darkbee: Added link to updated Battle sim location as suggested by McMonster.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/12/2011 18:18:08

thuldai

Raider

Awesome! Daithi? Pretty please?

Shulgin

Tank

Thanks Ryan. How do you save a flash file? Anyway, first two names coming to my mind for hosting are also Daithi and Mr Bee. Daithi is on holiday so it might take a few days for him to respond to this. If we need to buy a new website I would be happy to chip in a few £...

Darkbee

Berserker

I don't mind hosting it but I'll have to see how much bandwidth it starts using up. I have plenty available right now but we'll see. I may even have the flash file somewhere... I'll get back to you on that.

Daithi

Raider

I'll host it if you want, someone send me the source files and I'll pop it up as soon as I can.
It would be easier for me to host the compiled flash object and a page but I can probably work from source if I have to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/11/2011 18:46:46

spadequack

Heavy Tank

hey daithi, i'm out of town. i'll send it to you next week

Darkbee

Berserker

I had a brief look and I couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I have the compiled file somewhere though.

Daithi

Raider

Temporary internet files maybe or anyone who saved the page but it's doesn't matter, i only just got back myself. There's a pile of stuff work phoned me about in Toronto that I couldn't be bothered to fix waiting to be sorted so I'll be busy with this week. Once I get the files it won't take long for me get it online.

Daithi

Raider

http://pbs.weewarspy.co.uk/ for Pluto's simulator. I'm still messing with the page to make it as similar to the original as possible and remove the blog links and things. It appears to be working as it did on Pluto's site though, so update your links.

Darkbee

Berserker

Thanks for putting this up Daithi.

As Joni Mitchell sang, don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone?

Weeseltown

Raider

you even improved the bonus from different directions calculator - or I never noticed the old sim would differ between attack directions. good job sir!

Daithi

Raider

I didn't improve anything, the flash is whatever Darkbee sent me. I assumed it was always like that.

Darkbee

Berserker

There were no modifications to the Battle Simulator. It was just as it was before the domain went down.

Sorensson

Heavy Trooper

Thank you guys!

Steppenwolf

Trooper

Thank you very much for setting this up again, guys!

Maybe this thread should be marked as "sticky" (on top)? This is still the best battle simulator as far as I know, so it should be easy to find for beginners in my opinion.

previous 1 2 next