Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 next

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Still overall, with the lack of communication, it tends to come across as a big FU to the current subscribers. We're clearly not the people whom the devs want to attract it seems. Or they forgot the subtle art of making your actual (not potential) customers happy. We can take revenge by hanging around and frightening off any newcomers. It's a local game for local people... get outta my face you myspace-toting, facebook-flaunting, teenage-tweeting twits

hmmmm now there's an idea! I'm not entirely sold to your grump-wing viewpoint but I would like to sign up for your mailing list and possibly get a bumper sticker.

Darkbee

Berserker

Captain's always good for a chuckle!

I can tell you first hand that the coin icon is an epic fail. I played a noob the other day who captured some harbors early on and said, "I guess they don't produce any income then?", to which I responded "No, only the bases with the coin icons do", to which the reply was "Oh, is that what they are?".

It would have been more effective for me to have shown up on this person's doorstop, slapped them with a wet fish, and then handed them a fortune cookie with the message "harbors and airfields do not yield income" inside.

I think if you're going to start putting icons all over the place, you at least need some kind of popup legend that defines what the icons mean.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/02/2010 19:31:23

johnmd20

Raider

Darkbee wrote:

I think if you're going to start putting icons all over the place, you at least need some kind of popup legend that defines what the icons mean.

NO more pop ups. The coins aren't the only thing that is a "fail" about the new update. If they were trying to make Weewar more unstable and frustrating, they have done a good job.

My games are ending because people aren't taking their turns. Not a good sign for the long term. Turns out, you need people to play to have fun playing Weewar.

theLaserTagGuy

Heavy Trooper

Speaking of epic fail, the one thing that I liked about the new interface, better stability, is simply not holding out. This morning, on a large map, I had three reloads right in a row.

Click on a unit.
Reload comes up.
Reload.
Scroll all the way to bottom right corner of a large map.
Repeat.

I know other people have been having weird problems, but until this past week, I was actually running pretty good (only 1 reload per turn).

This is as bad as it used to be for losing time.

J

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

version 2.3 on the test server seems to be doing better - we'll see what happens when it goes live

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Tygerdave wrote:hmmmm now there's an idea! I'm not entirely sold to your grump-wing viewpoint but I would like to sign up for your mailing list and possibly get a bumper sticker.

Grump-wing? I like We also have a selection of T-Shirts (again) with rousing and provocative slogans: "Weewar is for men not boys", "Real men don't do Flash", "I have a syncing feeling" and "Get a life spotty" etc etc (blah blah, must fire my marketing dept). Membership free for the over 35s...

Re the "coins" (I too had a "oh that's what they are moment"), I feel that if you have to explain what an icon means, it's probably not a good one. Most games have tutorial modes and customisable features. Popups - or whatever extra info for n00bs - aren't bad if you can switch them off/hide (or better, turn them on/show). I'ts a pretty common design problem catering to new and experienced users simultaneously.

Anyways, whatever. We'll get what we're given I suppose

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/02/2010 19:05:22

tralafiti

Raider

did anyone else experience this?

i just joined this game http://weewar.com/game/217687 as third player and it instantly ended my round and started player 1s move time in round2, so i couldn't do anything in round 1

theLaserTagGuy

Heavy Trooper

I have had someone complain of that in two games I started after the new interface went into effect. I imagine it is a bug, but it doesn't seem to repeat in every game. I think one of the games was the player in the third position, but the game feel apart and it's gone now.

J

Warmaker

Berserker

Okay, the recent changes have gotten me fired up now. Can we please have the end-of-turn message and combat results manually stopped? I don't care about how many were lost, I only care about how many units are left. I do think the report is kind of cool that gives me an automatic base count, though.

/mixed

johnmd20

Raider

Warmaker wrote:Okay, the recent changes have gotten me fired up now. Can we please have the end-of-turn message and combat results manually stopped? I don't care about how many were lost, I only care about how many units are left. I do think the report is kind of cool that gives me an automatic base count, though.

/mixed

I like the note of how many units were lost. You can see how many units are left after you close the box. That's an improvement and it was something which was taken away in the "Great Flash of 2010".

And they made the chat room font bigger. And they added a base tally.

All in all, I like the improvements, it's a step in the right direction. Maybe they are listening and that is a good thing.

Juffe

Raider

tralafiti wrote:did anyone else experience this?

i just joined this game http://weewar.com/game/217687 as third player and it instantly ended my round and started player 1s move time in round2, so i couldn't do anything in round 1

I started a game, and got to do round 2 before anyone had even joined the game.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

@Juffe I think that bug is fixed now. I can't seem to get it anymore

RedLenin

Raider

Yes, the most recent changes are good (and I haven't had an 'out of sync' for a couple of days either!).

I still think it's absolutely vital, though, that we get unit and base information for all players (a la GreaseMonkey). That, plus a way of turning off the popup unit info!

Perhaps we're getting there!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

RedLenin wrote:I still think it's absolutely vital, though, that we get unit and base information for all players (a la GreaseMonkey).

The Weewar Stats GM script has already been updated and released. More info at this post:
http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/90/226.page#18922

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 18/02/2010 16:44:44

RedLenin

Raider

Brilliant, thanks for that!!

previous 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 next