Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 next

bert

Staff

So ... has there been already any serious naval warfare with the new vessels that anyone can tell us about?

Hal2000

Raider

bert wrote:So ... has there been already any serious naval warfare with the new vessels that anyone can tell us about?

I'm working on a game right now. I'll let you know in a day or two the outcome and observations.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I've done some naval fighting, the sub now has an increased role and so the destroyer is still being used but the new cruiser is just not being built. If it's boat attack was equal to that of the battleship I think it would get some more use, but even with that it may need another small adjustment to 1 of 3 categories - movement, range, or cost to make it worth getting instead of a sub or waiting for battleship.

dbthaw

Trooper

I think the cruiser needs to have a little boost against boats/land in order to be worthwhile.

Right now it's a weakened version of the current destroyer, which no advantages to offset its loss vs. subs/air.

Also, I'd like to reiterate for like the 5000th time that BS's need to either come down in price. They're weakened too much to still be 2000 credits.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Battleships are fine as they are but I suggest a different thread if you want to discuss it.

katakana

Raider

"Also, I'd like to reiterate for like the 5000th time that BS's need to either come down in price."

The word either usually precludes a condition of the keyword or... I must have missed something

Darkbee

Berserker

OR everything else needs to up in price to stay in line?

boodog314

Raider

Battleship is plenty cheap at 2000...if anything its price should go up.

MrFlibble

Trooper

katakana wrote:

The word either usually precludes a condition of the keyword or... I must have missed something

predicates, surely?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/05/2009 18:12:32

katakana

Raider

predominantly

luckymustard

Raider

precisely

spadequack

Heavy Tank

http://test.weewar.com/game/154

There has been a good mix of naval units so far in that game. I'm still getting used to them and have definitely confused one for the other more than once. We haven't tried air units probably because they are so easily shot down on that map.

My assessment so far:

Cruisers do too little damage to destroyers and battleships for my liking (against destroyers: about 2-3 damage, while taking about 1-2 damage in return; against BBs: about 2 damage, while taking about 5 in return). Doesn't feel too anti-boat to me.

It is difficult to get close to a battleship to deal damage to it unless you swarm it with units and rack up the bonuses, but rarely are battleships in such an open position for that to be possible. So battleships are pretty strong, perhaps too strong (see Stirling's post: http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/788.page#12919 ), especially since a cruiser - the anti-boat unit - needs to start in range of a stationary battleship before it can attack it, and even then, the damage dealt by the cruiser does not appear to be worth the attack.

Destroyers are pretty strong against air (5-6 damage), but they are easily countered by cruisers and BBs, so I think that's ok.

I agree with jeye's suggestion here: http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/30/788.page#12955 (increase cruiser attack vs boat to 14 or 15)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 14/05/2009 07:03:58

Casaubon

Tank

very plausible arguments spadequack, I support the raise of cruiser's attack strenght vs. boat

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/05/2009 12:27:25

Hal2000

Raider

spadequack wrote:
My assessment so far:

Cruisers do too little damage to destroyers and battleships for my liking (against destroyers: about 2-3 damage, while taking about 1-2 damage in return; against BBs: about 2 damage, while taking about 5 in return). Doesn't feel too anti-boat to me.

It is difficult to get close to a battleship to deal damage to it unless you swarm it with units and rack up the bonuses, but rarely are battleships in such an open position for that to be possible.

I agree completely. Cruisers just don't pack enough punch to make it a worth while investment. It is too easy to setup a defense against them and then crush them while taking little damage.

Nature_God

Tank

When are the systems going tobe introduced to normal weewar?

previous 1 2 3 next