i dont care anyway hmmp

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/01/2009 16:04:10

spadequack

Heavy Tank

The tournament has begun! Check out the bracket and start your games
http://www.weewartournaments.com/display.php?id=188

Muzzafar

Raider

I am supposed to play with Shulgin and I am designated as red, but it looks like he is not going to invite me.
The rules read that he must start a game within 24 hours from the start of the round. The only thing that confuses me is when did the round start. I suppose I shall wait until Saturday morning.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/01/2009 15:53:54

Darkbee

Berserker

Muzzafar wrote:I am supposed to play with Shulgin and I am designated as red, but it looks like he is not going to invite me.
The rules read that he must start a game within 24 hours from the start of the round. The only thing that confuses me is when did the round start. I suppose I shall wait until Saturday morning.

Perhaps he hasn't realized the tournament has started. I can vouch for Shulgin being a trustworthy player. If I see him, I'll let him know you're waiting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/01/2009 16:07:59

Muzzafar

Raider

He is actually online now.
Yeah, private messaging system would be welcome.

Darkbee

Berserker

I think he logs in but is often not at the computer.

Shulgin

Tank

Muzzafar wrote:I am supposed to play with Shulgin and I am designated as red, but it looks like he is not going to invite me.

interesting...and i was waiting for you to invite me didn't the rules say that the pro-player has to invite if one player is pro and the other one isn't? so who is supposed to invite now?

Darkbee wrote:I think he logs in but is often not at the computer.

well spotted my computer runs pretty much 24/7 and i always have weewar running in one tab. doesn't mean that i'm actively playing all the time.

Darkbee wrote:I can vouch for Shulgin being a trustworthy player.

thanks, i feel flattered

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/01/2009 16:27:12

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Yeah, Muzzafar should invite even though the site says Muzzafar is red because Shulgin does not have a Pro account whereas Muzzafar does. It's a little confusing, and something I don't think Pluto addressed in his set of rules.

If you think the other person should invite, there are some ways to contact them. Set up a chat game that would be deleted after the real game starts, or find a game that the other person is in where that player will have their turn soon and then leave a message in the chat.

Also, if you do not have the slots to invite, please try to let your tourney opponent know.

If your opponent has not invited you by Saturday, go ahead and invite. It will have been long enough, I feel.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 23/01/2009 18:06:02

hugobrain

Raider

It' started! thanks Spadey for organizing! When we'll reach the final I'll give you one trooper as a gift!

Sicro

Trooper

Is this tournament already in process,... or can i still join! If it is possible to join! I want to play!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Sorry Sicro, it has already begun.

U

Raider

so much for that. i dont keep my computer running 24/7
wow 24/7 that a long time lol

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I am thinking of replacing the third round map (jeye's Higher Straits 1.2) with Stirling's Meadow: http://weewar.com/map/25744 .

As Stirling has pointed out to me, Higher Straits has all of the power in the middle; whoever wins the middle essentially wins the game. Additionally, such maps are really difficult to balance well. I imagine games on this map would take fewer than 20 rounds for the middle to be decided. I haven't played the map much, but in my experiences on it, I feel that that is true. What do you all think?

Lucian

Berserker

I'm ok with the switch even though I dislike botanic maps, but hell. It's all in the name of fun. Sucks to see that my tendency not to give a crap about scoring has me placed against you in round 2.

Should be fun in any case, if I manage to get past cgreeno. Anyone know if he's still in this? I have been away but haven't gotten an invite from him yet. I'd invite him but am out of space by miles as always.

Whatyousay

Heavy Trooper

@ Lucian

I invited cgreeno to the game "Tournament reminder" with a message about pairings

Hopefully that helps

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next