Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Warmaker

Berserker

I'm trying to get good at five player maps. Feel free to check out my profile to sample of of them. Most are fairly balanced and a good time.

Po

Berserker

Maybe I'll throw together a 5 player map soon. I liked my old ones.

Warmaker

Berserker

Did you save them anywhere or did you just delete them?

Can we even save them, like taking a screenshot or something? Hmm...

dangerman

Heavy Trooper

This is one of the first maps I made after joining. Good for some quick 1v1 games. Not sure about balancing but I have won with both red and blue.
Survivor Island - Mad Skills Ed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2008 23:10:16

Lucian

Berserker

I meant one on each team with air, land and sea. Six players all up. One player from each team has control of one thing.

In any case, 5p maps are always good. Make them either FFA or 2 v 3 in which case you either chuck the two guys on the outside with superior force or put them in the middle and surround from three sides... or make it really fun and like a coastal invasion.

Rahl

Raider

dangerman wrote:This is one of the first maps I made after joining. Good for some quick 1v1 games. Not sure about balancing but I have won with both red and blue.

Nice map! I like the contrast of desert with forest-- really brings out the differences for the raiders and light inf. Would love to try it out... I'll invite you as soon as I get a free slot...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2008 21:04:26

dangerman

Heavy Trooper

Rahl wrote:Nice map! I like the contrast of desert with forest-- really brings out the differences for the raiders and light inf. Would love to try it out... I'll invite you as soon as I get a free slot...

Sounds like a plan.

Muzzafar

Raider

Warmaker wrote:Here's something I pieced together for a first try.
http://weewar.com/map/32722
I haven't tested it for balance or for playability, but it's just a shell to develop other games. In fact, allow me to invite you to a game if you are interested. I have no repair ports and it should generally be dominated by use of terrain.
Let's play!

I have two games going on your map. Both games at first turned into dancing around the map and each other while players are trying to lure their opponents into an disadvantageous position and occupy a good position themselves. Then they turn into a stand off as neither side is willing to make the first move and suffer.
Verdict: your map is dominated by many chock-points and big chunks of terrain favorable to troopers. I doubt that will ever work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/2008 08:22:01

Warmaker

Berserker

Thanks for the most helpful and informative criticism I've recieved on any map ever. Rahls and I messed around with that map and we had a few ideas, but you were distinct and to the point. I'll improve the sucker. You think more field hexes and a smaller map in general? I want to force the issue of confrontation.

VTTruck

Berserker

Streen and I tested that map too. Exactly the same result. We both moved around to our desired
positions and then quit the game since the other was entrenched and attacking would lose.

I even tried to lure him into attacking me while he was moving to his 'bunker' but it didnt work.

I think two evenly ranked players, playing to win, will stalemate each time.

Muzzafar

Raider

Warmaker wrote:You think more field hexes and a smaller map in general? I want to force the issue of confrontation.

I think you need much smaller map (for this number of units).
Avoid chock-points (this will provoke a stand-off). Do not put together many forest and mountain hexes (this will provoke a stand-off as it creates an excellent entrenchment for your troopers, which are the largest part of your force).
Make the map smaller, distribute forest/mountain hexes around the map.

Muzzafar

Raider

I started with this one - one dimensional and straightforward.

Anyone willing to help play-test it?

VTTruck

Berserker

you willing to rush my defensive lines when i dont move forward one hex-inch? each player starts in their best defensive
posture. why should they want to move?

invite rockydog and i'll test with you.

Muzzafar

Raider

VTTruck wrote:you willing to rush my defensive lines when i dont move forward one hex-inch? each player starts in their best defensive posture. why should they want to move?

Let's see what happens.
invite rockydog and i'll test with you.

Sure!

Rahl

Raider

Muzzafar wrote:I started with this one - one dimensional and straightforward.

Anyone willing to help play-test it?

Looks great! Thanks for the invite-- will report findings of fairness and whatnot here; I like how this is similar to your "Supply Lines".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/12/2008 03:07:38

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next