Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

Poll results: What features/improvements are you waiting for the most?

Fog of war 24% [ 10 ]
Team play 62% [ 26 ]
New units 5% [ 2 ]
New gameplay elements 2% [ 1 ]
Better bots 2% [ 1 ]
Other features (elaborate) 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Po

Berserker

I've played it a ton...I do think it would add an interesting element to the game, and I never said I was anti...I just have a feeling that a game so small scale...So Wee, as it were...Might not actually benefit from it as much as people think it would.

Lucian

Berserker

I think it would benefit exactly as much as Advance Wars did. It basically adds morphs all current strategies and adds another dimension to each existing map. If done properly it would effectively double the amount of playable maps. One version with and one without the fog of war.

Streen

Heavy Tank

anti fog? I am here. Who rattles on my cage?
Fog of War will destroy this game and would mark my retirement, optional or not, might as well not be round based anymore, its against the essence of this game. You like advance wars? go play advance wars.

I like the units we have and how we have them. I dont think subs on harbours should be attacked by anything out of the water, and I dont think destroyers need changing or any other such bollox.

The only thing mentioned in this poll (which is according to me as useless than any other poll) which is of any interest is team play. And if the devs have any brains, which we have to assume they do, they know that.

Po

Berserker

Gauntlet thrown.

Muzzafar

Raider

Lucian wrote:ALL of these are much needed along with a PM box as well as increased HQ, archive, favorites and map space.

It would all cost server space => money. Are you willing to pay more to get more? Perhaps, developers could introduce a Gold account that cost twice as much as pro and offers twice as big HQ, archive, favorites and map space. As well as a way to show off.
That would be interesting. I would certainly consider buying a Gold account.
EDIT: Oh... and good poll man. For once we get something that's actually worthwhile voting for.

Thanks! Although not all think so.
Streen wrote:The only thing mentioned in this poll (which is according to me as useless than any other poll) which is of any interest is team play.

Had a bad day today?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/10/2008 20:41:22

Muzzafar

Raider

By the way, does anyone know a way to create a donation pool?

Streen

Heavy Tank

Muzzafar wrote:Had a bad day today?

I get carried away sometimes.
And even on a normal day I am not famous for my diplomacy skills

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/10/2008 22:20:03

Streen

Heavy Tank

Muzzafar wrote:By the way, does anyone know a way to create a donation pool?

to donate money to the devs? Buy pro accounts

Lucian

Berserker

@ Streen: Advance Wars and WeeWar aren't the same game... and Advance Wars isn't available online. Why would you quit if an "option" got added?! It wouldn't FORCE you to play FoW maps. It would just give an option to those who like it. So why oppose the idea when in reality it has absolutely no impact on you?

@ Muzz: There are actually ways around some of these things that would actually decrease server space usage and increase storage space for us rather easily. Gold accounts or even options to individually purchase aspects of WeeWar would also be appreciated though.

As for donations to WeeWar... just create heaps of pro accounts and hand them over to Niki for map storage. We need new maps!

VTTruck

Berserker

I dont mind them adding FoW so long as its optional. Just dont expect me to play a lot of it.

Muzzafar

Raider

Streen wrote:to donate money to the devs? Buy pro accounts

Lucian wrote:As for donations to WeeWar... just create heaps of pro accounts and hand them over to Niki for map storage. We need new maps!

Well, buying more pro accounts is equal to saying something like "guys, what you are doing is great, here is my money". Although I think that they indeed are doing a great job, what I really want is a way for developers to collect sizable amount of cash from players to develop a feature that most of us badly want (I mean "team play"). It is like players signing a petition saying something like "guys, please develop team play, here is our money".
Do you see the difference?
Gold accounts or even options to individually purchase aspects of WeeWar would also be appreciated though.

I guess we can make a poll.

Lucian

Berserker

You mean like directly purchase ideas you'd like them to make. Personally I'd prefer Gold accounts which give us access to a forum where we can make suggestions/requests like that which are then prioritized. This shows the devs that we're serious about the updates yet it still gives them enough time to prioritize what needs to be done.

VTTruck

Berserker

I'd like to change my vote - Private Messaging is the most desired function. Would save me
from starting a second game just to chat during team games. Yes - I know about the archive trick
for PM.

Muzzafar

Raider

VTTruck wrote:I'd like to change my vote - Private Messaging is the most desired function. Would save me
from starting a second game just to chat during team games.

But.. mmm.. implementing proper team play would remedy this, wouldn't it?
Yes - I know about the archive trick for PM.

I don't!

VTTruck

Berserker

If you need private chat you can open up a 1-on-1 game with your teammate. But since that
takes up game slots - make the game end via peace then move it to your archive. (or surrender,
same thing - just make sure its unrated game).

once its in your archive you can still chat in the chat box. and it doesnt count against
your game limit. it does count against your archive limit. but thats less of an issue.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next