Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

I admit i got annoyed with mikesakura, who pretty much did what he is doing now, pointlessly arguing with people for the sake of it.

We started a game, no one mentioned it being teams or FFA.
I politely suggest we do teams, which someone responded by creating a team. Then it all kicked off.

I apologize for kicking a player who was 3 days over the turn time.
But mikesakura, you didn't really help the situation by writing paragrah after paragraph about how morally wrong it was. There was no way the game was going to be played properly from then on as you made it your mission to moan and complain.

And I'm being honest that's the first game Ive ever kicked someone who's been over the limit.

EDIT: Also, new bigwar tournament game: http://weewar.com/game/391820

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/10/2012 12:11:41

thuldai

Raider

Sorry if I seemed hostile. It's just that I don't see the point in raising vague worries about some other player without giving any details or (even better) "proof", i.e. the concrete example(s) of wrong-doing.

Kinda like bakasam now did with his reply.

So, no, mikesakura, I have nothing against you at all, and again, I barely know bakasam as a player, so I'm not at all suggesting that you're wrong. But what I detest are vague accusations without support. That's then just passive-aggressive flaming. And I don't like flaming.

So I'd like to invite you again to offer concretely what happened. So everybody can know and avoid bakasam if they deem it indeed avoid-worthy (this obviously differs from person-to-person, some might want to avoid a skipper while others very much *prefer* players that strictly stick to the deadlines), for other "hurt" players to possibly add other details of the accused's misdeeds, and for bakasam or some of his buddies to correct what might have been misunderstood.

In the end, it often ends up being the case that two players just don't go along well, while both have their group of players they get along well, and might even have "common friends" that can stand both of them. The public discussion of such incidents allows any player to form their opinion, that's why I'd prefer that over half-hidden suggestions.

But, hey, you do whatever you want, for sure. For now, bakasam's "defence" right above makes me think that he's the more mature player that seemed to have needed to learn a lesson and hopefully did (nobody's perfect, at least not at first). But I'm sure other people draw different conclusions and future posts by the two might change my opinion again.

thuldai

Raider

Hey, where's the BIGwar forum currently? I lost my tab and cannot find it anymore. Not on finalboss.org anymore, but where?

EDITS:
And bakasam: you around? Our bigwar tournament game ist stuck as Mr_Advanced has disappeared.

Seems another *war has gone down the drain. ???

Here's the forum. Google found it. Duh. http://smrare.net/forum/index.php
And it's totally partially overrun with spam.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/12/2012 14:32:13

Brianiac

Heavy Trooper

This is dissapointing. Bigwar was a good idea, and I'd like to see it continue. Does someone websavvy maybe want to take it on?

thuldai

Raider

No need to be tech-savvy, no? One could run it in this very forum (which is so thankfully still untouched by spam & bots), no? I don't think that'd be an infringement in the user agreements if such a thing even exists. It IS very weewar centered, like the tournament, after all. One could put it in the "off topics" if there's a concern, or "Tools and Services".

One would need an email-address that gets read by a trusted (and non-disappearing) person to send one's moves to (they have to remain hidden until all teams submitted them).

And one would need a map of sorts. But a simple picture would suffice, no? Plus some stupid (or not) drawing program to color areas according to who "owns" which territory. Something flashy, hoverable like the original BIGwar map would be nice but is not necessary at all.

So:

Any trusted, non-disappearing person with an email address that can use a drawing program and has a bit of time at their hands that wants to take over BIGwar?

(Or start sth with a new name, lest bakasam yammer about copyrights? I'd suggest MONSTERwar and refrain from any copyrights should anybody think that not the most laughable.)

thuldai

Raider

I just saw that the forum has been shut down. Sign that bakasam is coming back? Hasn't logged into weewar yet, so not sure.

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

Hey guys its Bakasam, really glad you enjoyed the tournament.
Been so long. Did we even finish it?
It's really sad the forum got absolutely overun with bots.
i think nearly 10,000 a day were registering and posting, absolutely blew the website up.

Would be fun to hold another one in the future.

previous 1 2 next