Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

pegax

Heavy Trooper

Tea party... hmmm... that sounds like a good weewar name.

elsirad

Heavy Trooper

Lmao. Censorship does not require government, in particular censorship on a game owned by a private company. Do you really believe naming requirements in big MMOs like WoW are some Big Government conspiracy?

As far as which American politicians like winning points on silly renaming ideas, just ask who renamed french fries to freedom fries

Mendacious

Trooper

What usernames people choose is their business. Some people will be offended by certain names and that is just a fact.

VonBastard wrote:I have always been facinated by the power of certain words. Hitler is one of those words. In fact, everything associated with Hitler is taboo. I think we're making a big mistake here. If we don't openly discuss subjects like this we are opening up ourselves for more trouble. It is said that those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. We will risk that here. In my opinion, Hitler was not a crazy mass murderer. He had a vision and a philosopy that he was persueing and we need to understand want that vision and philosopy was because I believe that Hitlers philosopy is alive and well in this world.
Here is an example, Bioethicists at the university of Oxford just released a paper claiming that it was ethical to euthinize childern up to the age of two years old. Their claim was that the childern were not yet seniant beings and therefore could be disposed of. This is exactly what Hitler believed. He killed all those people because his philosopy started that those human beings were sub human so he was able to strip them of their humanity and kill them. and he managed to convince alot of pwerful people that he was right. Hitler is a taboo subject because those powerful people still exist in this world and by not studying Hitler, they and their philosopy are escaping judgement.

Words can have power when placed in context concerning things that have real consequences. I hate burst all of your bubbles but the Wee Wars has no real world consequences.

The outcomes of our little battle effects precisely nothing outside of the Wee Wars server and its constituents egos.

So until the day one of us is able to magic our Wee armies out of Wee Wars and into real life, we will all have to wait for our usernames to have power to antagonize the real world.

Looking forward to that day.

bakasam

Heavy Trooper

Hitler is just a family name. Of course people are going to relate it to world war 2.
But this is a game, we're playing games on every console killing people, using a family name that refers to WW2 is hardly offensive.

Killing innocent people on GTA is more offensive, right?

previous 1 2 next