Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

Shulgin

Tank

May I throw in Gotenburg

Darkbee

Berserker

Sorensson wrote:Göteborg, Sweden. (But born and raised some 100km north of it.)

By the way, I'm curious: Do you see "Göteborg" or "Gothenburg" more often?

It's "Gothenburg" in English, because English speaking people can only handle 26 letters. When you start adding funny little marks above/under letters it all gets a little bit too confusing. Damn foreigners!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/10/2011 17:41:32

Sniper

Trooper

Plasmablaster > Nice to see another Greek on board!

Iraklion, Crete.

applepath

Trooper

Applepath Gardens
Charlotte, Vermont

niksn

Heavy Trooper

Austria

Warmaker

Berserker

I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, via Honolulu, Hawaii, via Boston, Massachusetts, via Detroit, Michigan.

Go Spartans!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/02/2015 12:16:51

grond

Trooper

US.

Born in Virginia (East Coast, center)

Live in Montana (on border with Canada, near West Coast)

Currently in Memphis, TN home of Blues Music (just Southwest of Virginia)

I included the descriptions of where I am in the US, because the scale of countries often escapes those that are not here. For example in my home State of Montana, you can drive 110kph for 8 hours and still be in the same state. If you did that same drive and started in London then through the tunnel Eastward, in 880km you would be somewhere in Germany, having crossed several countries.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/03/2015 01:26:33

Fex

Heavy Trooper

grond wrote:
I included the descriptions of where I am in the US, because the scale of countries often escapes those that are not here. For example in my home State of Montana, you can drive 110kph for 8 hours and still be in the same state. If you did that same drive and started in London then through the tunnel Eastward, in 880km you would be somewhere in Germany, having crossed several countries.

What kind of comparison is that? If you start in Helena, Montana, and drive 880km to the west, you're right in the pacific
However if you start in Flensburg, Germany, and drive 880km to the south, you are still in Germany.

Since when are you Americans using the metric system btw?

previous 1 2 next