Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

kersplat

Raider

It seems like I remember HC having a bonus on swamps at one point but now the wiki says otherwise (no negative affect, but no bonus either). The battle simulator also confirms this.

Po

Berserker

FIXED! Keep the feedback comin', guys!

RedLenin

Raider

Po wrote:Hmm...As of the other night, the tooltip said they did. Can anyone confirm/deny?

What tooltip is that, Po?

Po

Berserker

I swear to God when I was writing, the tooltip or something else said that hovercraft get a bonus on swamps.

Master

Heavy Trooper

Po wrote:I swear to God when I was writing, the tooltip or something else said that hovercraft get a bonus on swamps.

I also remember that to be the case

Kai01

Trooper

Aren't you missing one of the most annoying units in the game:

Assault Artillery?

Po

Berserker

Holy shit! How did I miss that! hahaha.....wow.

Oh, I remember. Alcohol.

Po

Berserker

Ok, updated!

Added:

1. Assault Artillery! I am a moron!
2. Repair options! I am a moron x 2!

Anything else I missed? lol

Caligari

Trooper

Well, you picture and discuss everything in the game other than the airport and harbour, as far as I can see, It might be worth mentioning them, especially to highlight that pure air units can only repair at friendly airports...

Otherwise, looks great.

- Caligari

Desent

Raider

Master wrote:
Po wrote:I swear to God when I was writing, the tooltip or something else said that hovercraft get a bonus on swamps.

this is still the case actually

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2008 14:58:44

Po

Berserker

Caligari wrote:Well, you picture and discuss everything in the game other than the airport and harbour, as far as I can see, It might be worth mentioning them, especially to highlight that pure air units can only repair at friendly airports...

Otherwise, looks great.

- Caligari

Damn, something else I missed. I'll have to update soon.

Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2008 21:14:44

Pluto

Raider

Desent wrote:
Master wrote:

this is still the case actually

Actually, to be technical... Hovercraft are not strengthened per se. They still have the same abilities as if on land or water. However, troopers and tanks and such are weakened in swamps, so by comparison hovercraft are stronger.

The tooltip is only useful for subjective evaluations like these. The specs page is where the hard data is at!
http://weewar.com/specifications

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2008 22:58:00

ShadowPanther

Tank

Really good and useful but a couple minor things below:

...and you'll see a list of all the fun things the bloodthirsty citizens of that town can create. Said list looks like this:

(picture)

Units you can't afford are grayed out. Blast! Anyway, we'll get into the units later, in a section I plan on calling "Units."

When it shows that, you should have something that you can't afford to show what "grayed out" looks like.

Simply click any damaged unit, and you will be present with this option. Each time you use it, it exhausts that unit and repairs one or two hit points per turn. The number seems to be random, but it's never more than 2. Just don't forget that if you repair, that unit is DONE for the turn, so don't repair him next to a unit that's going to do 6 damage next turn anyway! RUN!

It's not random. Troopers, heavy troopers, berzerkers, and battleships all repair one, and everything else repairs 2. Some units require to be one a harbor or airfield owned by you to be repaired.

Hovercraft PRO ACCOUNT ONLY

Cost: 300
Move: Fast
Range: 1

Hovercraft are kind of like raiders, except they can capture bases. They are also the only "land" units that are also built from naval bases, and can travel over water! Don't forget this, kids, as hovercraft sneaking over water routes is a great way to sneak up on uncovered bases. Anyway, hovercraft are basically like raiders as far as damage and what units they're strong/weak versus is concerned.

One of only three units in Weewar that can capture a base!

should be something like:
Hovercraft PRO ACCOUNT ONLY
(picture)

Cost: 300
Move: Fast
Range: 1

Hovercraft are kind of like raiders, except they can capture bases. They are also the only "land" units that are also built from naval bases, and can travel over water! Don't forget this, kids, as hovercraft sneaking over water routes is a great way to sneak up on uncovered bases. Anyway, hovercraft are basically like raiders as far as damage and what units they're strong/weak versus is concerned. Also: the hovercraft cannot move over forests, whatever you may think.

Water
(picture)

Unit Effects: All units except BOATS are...Well...No swimming in Weewar.
Movement Effects: Only boats on the water! What a crazy concept!

you can have air units and the "land" hovercraft on the water, so not just boats.

BTW, hovercrafts are in a class called amphibious.

One of only three units in Weewar that can capture a base!

Even through this long list of critisisms, it's still a good tutorial.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/07/2008 18:29:07

Po

Berserker

Are you sure about the repair thing, Panther? I swear to God that I've had some 2 repaired troopers, for example.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

ShadowPanther wrote:Really good and useful but a couple minor things below:

It's not random. Troopers, heavy troopers, berzerkers, and battleships all repair one, and everything else repairs 2. Some units require to be one a harbor or airfield owned by you to be repaired.

I think battleships might repair two per turn now. Also, light artillery, heavy artillery, and DFAs repair one per turn. Aircraft repair 3 per turn on an airfield. Land units repair 6 per turn on a repair patch. And no unit requires being on a harbor to repair.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/2008 01:46:08

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next