Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

McMonster

Tank

Hal2000 wrote:I'll have weewar stop responding during a calculation of a move or trying to do something in a game. After about 2 minutes of waiting it responds as normal.

+1

RockyDog

Berserker

last night during a game - i moved a BB and clicked on the BB immediately to finalize its movement but not fire its shot.

then later i came back to the BB to fire its two shots, but was only given one shot.

anyone else notice this?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I could be wrong.... but I think that was how it was in the javascript interface. If you moved the BB without firing and went on to do something else, that move w/o attack counted as your first move. Or maybe I've just been too used to testing and playing on the Flash interface that I am remembering wrong.

Update: Same goes for any other unit. If you move it, you can't come back to it later and tell it to attack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/02/2010 17:11:21

Shulgin

Tank

RockyDog wrote:last night during a game - i moved a BB and clicked on the BB immediately to finalize its movement but not fire its shot.

then later i came back to the BB to fire its two shots, but was only given one shot.

anyone else notice this?

happened to me as well, incidentally in a game with spade
(version 2.4 on the test server)

Hal2000

Raider

You guys still haven't resolved the issue of buying a unit then having a random "reload error" and then the unit is gone and so is your money. Just lost a Battleship in a game which ended the game for me and my money was not refunded. Please fix this game ruining error.

bdr529

Heavy Trooper

True, while the out of sync and disappearing unit issues have decreased, they're still there. For me, at least, the issues have been reduced enough to actually enjoy the game again!

theLaserTagGuy

Heavy Trooper

I had to sound all sour again, but wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of dialog going here. I haven't checked the blog, but this isn't a community that's so large that it would be difficult to give us regular updates or occasionally respond to criticism. I mean we got release notes on 2/17 and then nothing for two weeks again.

Jason

Darkbee

Berserker

theLaserTagGuy wrote:I had to sound all sour again, but wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of dialog going here. I haven't checked the blog, but this isn't a community that's so large that it would be difficult to give us regular updates or occasionally respond to criticism. I mean we got release notes on 2/17 and then nothing for two weeks again.

Jason

You're preaching to the choir dude.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

You two miss the 2/22/10 release notes? - http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/1194.page

RockyDog

Berserker

I missed the 3/1 release notes. and the 3/8 release notes. anyone see those?

the ones where disappearing units and constant synch issues are resolved?

while on the topic of synch errors - someone explain this to a non-java-flash-web old timer:
if the calculations and work are all being done on my computer now, why do i have to wait for hte server for anything. why doesn't it download the game state and needed instructions to my machine, my local machine does the work including battle calc, and then my machine uploads the new game state. it would seem there should never be synch errors since my machine doesn't need to update the server until my turn is done.

OR is that what's happening now and we still have the problem?

Darkbee

Berserker

RockyDog wrote:I missed the 3/1 release notes. and the 3/8 release notes. anyone see those?

the ones where disappearing units and constant synch issues are resolved?

while on the topic of synch errors - someone explain this to a non-java-flash-web old timer:
if the calculations and work are all being done on my computer now, why do i have to wait for hte server for anything. why doesn't it download the game state and needed instructions to my machine, my local machine does the work including battle calc, and then my machine uploads the new game state. it would seem there should never be synch errors since my machine doesn't need to update the server until my turn is done.

OR is that what's happening now and we still have the problem?

I think you misunderstand what the Flash is doing. I don't claim to have insider knowledge either but work still has to be done on the server. Ultimately the server is where the game state is stored, so calculation still has to be performed on the server. It's not a simple case of uploading your turn outcomes to the server and the server takes your word for it. If that were the case then cheating would be as easy as blowing your nose, and we'd have bigger problems to worry about than collusion and points farming. I think where the Flash helps is that it takes more of the burden in terms of actual display. Less trips are needed to the server to render moves to the user. I could be wrong but that's my interpretation of how the Flash helps. Someone feel free to rip apart what I've said.

Hal2000

Raider

Darkbee wrote:Someone feel free to rip me apart

You smell funny and no one likes you. 5 games and counting to party time!!

RockyDog

Berserker

Hal2000 wrote:

what happens in 5 more games?

Hal2000

Raider

RockyDog wrote:
Hal2000 wrote:

what happens in 5 more games?

Darkbee said earlier that he had 5 games left before he takes his "break".

previous 1 2 next