Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

cybernaut

Heavy Trooper

I do not like situations like here...

I had some "ffa" games too, where i got a little advantage, but later on one player surrended and i had no profit from that, so the game changed realy much. I try to play if all players like some more turns but i try to peace out these games, becouse one or two players had luck while playing near to that surrendering player.

If Oxygen whant to get points from Nanuk then play against him in an one vs. one or an 2 vs. 2 or... but say next time from beginning what do you whant to do in your games. That is much nicer.

Hope that post help a little bit...
Eisbaer

Oxygen

Trooper

I did not open this topic to discredit Nanuk. He did it himself. He tried to convince Austin, Somar and me that we play unfair, when all of us disagreed, he started insulting me and calling for his friends to support him. His talk of honor, integrity and undeserved victory seemed serious to me. I have that chat record, BTW.

This topic confirms that a balanced FFA game does not exist. So why are you asking for peace? I just dont want somebody crying for peace and trying to look better than everybody else. That is pathetic. No other player I know would try this absurdity. Label me all you want Nanuk, it only makes you look worse.

I see you are losing matches and points, so I guess you are going through with your crazy plan of dropping to 1300s. That seems like an awful lot of work. I hope thats fun for you as it is for me.

Darkbee

Berserker

Seems to be me like it's a classic case of he said/she said, everybody can argue here until they are blue in the face. From what I can tell to the best of my abilities, as others have pointed out this is just part of the game. There was no real wrong-doing here. Sometimes, it's an ugly game but people play a strategy that they feel is optimal to their survival. Often that strategy involves severely inconveniencing other players but it's human nature. When your back is to the wall you do whatever is necessary to survive!

I think the only thing to do is play the game out and as Eisbaer suggested, Nanuk and Oxygen can play an official 2v2 or 1v1 afterward to settle the score.

Warmaker

Berserker

The solution here is like the one in life: You learn to not play the guys that try fast ones. Never again play anyone like this in FFA where teams are not drawn up.

Unlucky, man, but it happens here as well as the real world.

katakana

Raider

At least here it doesn't cost you a wife and alimony.

Nanuk

Trooper

That is indeed the most sensible conclusion one can draw from this whole issue.

Oxygen

Trooper

I think my hard drive will give up on me because I saved this chat on it. I share this with this server, hoping it will be able to cope. Use it as a warning. I'm only sorry Austin surrendered a day too early, because I removed Nanuk about 24 hrs 3 minutes after.

Oxygen: Oh and Somar, you made too many raiders there, pal!
somar96: no
somar96: I make about 10 raiders for the dead one
somar96: in hounor of the dead one
Nanuk: The Raider's dead! Long live the Raider!
Oxygen: Raider killer!
somar96: hi Austin I'm watching you
Oxygen: me too
Oxygen:
Austin_Powers: what you mean by waching me?
somar96: via live ticker
somar96: watching how you move
somar96: now watching you Oxygen
Oxygen: be my guest!
Oxygen: You seriously need some heavy armor raider guy...
somar96: no credits though
somar96: only 800 per turn
somar96: by 1600 from Nanuk...
Oxygen: 1400
somar96: and 800 by Austin
Austin_Powers: sad truth is that my goal is to hold on longer than somar
somar96: sad truth my goal is to hold on longer than Austin
Nanuk: So sad, almost makes me cry. Can't we all just get along?
Austin_Powers: such nice lake in the middle, lets go fishing
Oxygen: Nah, my hovers polluted it - no fish there im afraid...
Nanuk: So this is a 3vs1 now?
somar96: why?
Nanuk: Because there is no fighting going on between Austin and Oxygen and very little fighting between you and Oxygen.
Oxygen: Did you hear that somar? Very little!
somar96: ouch
somar96: if that's little, what can be much?
Oxygen: NOW you can afford a heavy tank? Totally unfair!
Austin_Powers: well I attack in place where I can win somthing
Nanuk offers peace
Nanuk: We should end this in a draw, it's unfair that somar gets all the punishment from Oxygen because he doesn't play FFA.
Austin_Powers: i disagree, diplomacy is important part of war
Austin_Powers: In the begining you had advantage becouse I attack mosty Oxygen, was it unfair or its just part of game?
Nanuk: This is actually a game, not a war. Games have rules, which are agreed upon before playing.
somar96 surrendered - Sun Sep 13 13:14:18 UTC 2009
New Score for somar96:1376 (-7)
New Score for Austin_Powers:1512 (+3)
New Score for Nanuk:1772 (+1)
New Score for Oxygen:1506 (+3)
somar96: well as no peace the I surrender
somar96: play it up as ffa till the end
Nanuk: I am asking you two again to end this game in a draw.
Nanuk: The reason is because you fail to play FFA as we all agreed on at the start of the game.
Oxygen: You should learn to lose Nanuk, dont invent stuff that didnt happen. My priority was shifted on you because you were running over Austin and Somar.
Oxygen: That is why I stopped attacking Austin. I am still keeping tanks and DFAs to keep him from attacking me. I still play FFA, but you wont pick my targets, it is called FREE for all.
Oxygen: This peace offer is bull.
Nanuk: First thing, you should learn not to tell other people what to do, and second, you should act less stupid when you lie other people in the face.
Nanuk: In the beginning of the game, you asked what we were playing (FFA, Teamplay), and some lines down the chat you claim you don’t even know what FFA means.
Oxygen: Do not insult me. I do not lie, Nanuk. I said this was my first FFA game in Weewar. A also asked if it was ok to ask to defuse situation with Austin.
Oxygen: We can go to the forum and continue this chat, because it is hard to continue in this little chat window.
Oxygen: The point of all this is your bruised ego. You carefully choose your battles and you are surprised you would lose from a bunch of low ranked players.
Oxygen: Explain the part where I tell other people what to do. I analyze the game and speak of it openly. There is no rule against that.
Oxygen: Bottom line: play on, surrender or we can continue this in the forums. Your move.
Oxygen: It was a good match until you started with this peace crap.
Nanuk: Just look at your last chat line and tell me you're not trying to lecture your fellow players?
Nanuk: And sorry to disappoint you, but I have a real life to build self-esteem, which by the way is not correlated in any manner to my weewar ranking.
Nanuk: I’ve been invited to this game, and the first proposal I made was to play unrated, so tell me how I carefully choose my battles.
Nanuk: Besides, how many points would I win altogether? Maybe 3?
Nanuk: You must be an extremely introverted person to believe in your strange arguments?
Oxygen: Idk what other reason is there for this kind of reasoning from you.
Oxygen: It is the best idea I got. You started this unfair crap in an FFA game...
Oxygen: And you offer peace - based on what?
Nanuk: I offered a draw to give you a chance to end this game in an honourable manner, and not because I treasure my ranking points so greatly.
Oxygen: There in nothing wrong in the way we played this game. Austin said it, so did I...
Oxygen: Nothing wrong with finishing this game...
Nanuk: You seem to lack the integrity to understand that points not rightfully earned mean nothing.
Nanuk: But anyway, I got to go, I'll move later, propably in 4 hours 36 minutes to give you some time to think about it.
Nanuk: Bye.
Oxygen: You did not play well, you insulted me and you want peace without arguments.
Oxygen: Whatever.
null
nuk, du har rett
Nanuk: Jeg vet, min venn. Ikke spille med Oxygen.
It’s your own fault Nanuk! you should not play whom you do not know! how about a -2? let me know if you need assistance!
Oxygen: http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/1035.page
Nanuk: I will go to -2. According to the ELO Ranking, I need a base score of ~1280.
Hal2000: All this fighting makes baby jesus cry.
Nanuk: Tell me more.
somar96: lol those armies look nice
Nanuk revokes the peace offer.
Austin_Powers: Nanuk i won t attack you, use your full forces to defend
Austin_Powers: Nanuk i won t attack you, use your full forces to defend
Nanuk: Thanks kindly, but I have no more interest in winning the game.
Nanuk: I think I made my point, I don't believe in any form of cooperation between players in a FFA game.
Oxygen: What exactly is your interest, Nanuk? How old are you, if that is not a secret?
Austin_Powers: Nanuk if you wont to surrender surender now, but if you like to continue to play - play well.
Nanuk: I require more time to lower my ranking. I should be done by Sunday and we can all move on.
Austin_Powers: childish, no more comment from me.
Nanuk: Well, playing a game is sort of childish anyway, isn't it?
Austin_Powers: when you treat game way to seriously - thats childish
Nanuk: Now if I delay the game for another week, that would be really childish.
Nanuk: Unlucky me I’m on reservist duty next week, otherwise I’d consider delaying the game some more since you asked so nicely.
Oxygen: They dont give you guns, do they?
Nanuk: Now you're trying to be immature as well?
Nanuk: And hand weapons training is only one part of reservist service, this time I'll be attending a GIS (computer) course that will be helpful for my PhD studies.
Nanuk: GIS: Geograhic Information System
Austin_Powers: if that unnecessary information supose to make you look better, you just failed. Its quite oposite.
Nanuk: All I'm doing is answering Oxygen's questions.
Nanuk: You said you would stop commenting, why do you fail to keep your word?
Austin_Powers: Yes my bad, this is hoppless.
Oxygen: lol
Nanuk: There's always hope. Just don't loose your good spirits and hang on until Sunday. I'm doing my best to end this as fast as possible.
Austin_Powers surrendered - Fri Oct 02 20:07:33 UTC 2009
New Score for Austin_Powers:1512 (-9)
New Score for Nanuk:1458 (+5)
New Score for Oxygen:1514 (+4)

New Score for Nanuk:1455 (-3)
New Score for Oxygen:1517 (+3)
Game ended
Oxygen removed Nanuk from this game.
Nanuk: That is indeed pathetic. Although we disagreed on how this game should be played, I never booted anyone of you when you were late.
Oxygen: Pathetic like making a move and then ending a turn 20 hours later, FOR THE LAST 20 DAYS??? I would have done it long ago, but you were there to end your turns just before limit.
Oxygen: I have no respect for you, it would give me some pleasure to kill each of your troops, but you didnt really play this game, did you? Dont know why you pretend you did...
Nanuk: You’re just strange, speaking of pleasure and killing. Please go your ways and don’t bother me anymore. Thanks.

Pyldrvr

Raider

I haven't read most of the thread because I can't be bothered but it boils down to FFA. Free for all relies as much on politics as it does on strategy. If someone is able to talk someone into not attacking them, then that is part of the game. I personally don't play many rated games these days as the pressure and stress is more than I need, but even when I was playing rated games, I learned very fast that rated FFA games are a struggle in futility. Best advice is this: Don't play rated FFA games. Play rated 1v1 where you think the map is balanced and play FFA in unrated mode for fun.
/end

fn0000rd

Raider

I totally agree. Diplomacy is as much a part of war as your physical armies.

This can definitely get frustrating at times, out of our small group that we play with there's one guy who flat-out won't play 3-player FFA games anymore.

A lot of times a couple of losing players will form a team in our games, which sometimes works out but sometimes is just annoying. Again, I don't think you could say whether it's good or bad.

It's a game, and it's war, and anything within the rules is permitted imho. It isn't always going to go smoothly, it isn't always going to go the way you want it to, but it's War.

Deal with it.

bange123

Trooper

Has noone here ever played Diplomacy?

McMonster

Tank

some of us have! check out the FFA Lovers thread for likely candidates:

http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/1083.page

fn0000rd

Raider

To me, FFA is all about diplomacy. I almost always play with a regular group of people, and we make pacts all the time.

Diplomacy is just as much a part of war as fighting.

previous 1 2 next