Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Vidar wrote:I find a lot of you are trying too hard to explain how this is more complicated than chess. hehe. undoubtedly because the purpose of this thread has combined your ego with the reviews of weewar lol.

I would say, as someone who favors weewar to chess, that they are very similar in difficulty and complication. however the scale of weewar over chess can't be ignored.

hehe well it's mainly me & GD, and I was mainly arguing it's more like chess than not. At least I think I was - things got confusing when GD started agreeing with me (or someone like me ). I haven't even read any reviews of the game

Scale in the sense of a far greater number of permutations makes a difference in complexity though...?

Anyways, yep sorry drdrew Back on topic - this is all I can add (Alexa)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2009 07:51:21

katakana

Raider

Average Load Time for Weewar.com

Very Slow (5.168 Seconds), 85% of sites are faster.

Nice

Warmaker

Berserker

19 percent are Canadiens? How did we let them get on the site?

bagster

Heavy Trooper

Warmaker wrote:19 percent are Canadiens? How did we let them get on the site?

tss tss tss

VonBastard

Tank

I'd like to share a story with you all that this thread brought to the front of my mind.

I was playing weewar instead of studying for class in the atrium of the engineering building when one of my professor's stopped by to see if we had any questions. I am so addicted to weewar I continued to play while he was talking to us. He then noticed me playing the game. He was instantly attracted to the game and spoke to me for 15 minutes about the game. He mentioned that he was going to go home that night and introduce his son to the game.

Oh, and here's some bio data for GD analysis.

Age = 46
Sex = Male
Careers:
Concrete finisher, 10 years.
Mainframe programmer, 14 years.

Am currently studying Civil and Environmental Engineering.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2009 14:25:09

Warmaker

Berserker

That's our key demographic!

VonBastard

Tank

Warmaker wrote:That's our key demographic!

I'm curious. Did the other key demographics have to get permission from their wives to get a pro account?

Vidar

Heavy Trooper

lol! that's fantastic. I don't have to ask permission exactly, it's just something I'll do and won't mention it. seeing as how its so cheap lol.

Warmaker

Berserker

I don't know that I asked permssion. I said, "I really want to do this and look how cheap it is." She asked if I would get bored with it in a month and I said I didn't think so. So, I went ahead and helped myself.

It was that gray area where I'm not asking for permission but I'm looking to see the level of disapproval. Most married guys probably understand what I mean

Hal2000

Raider

If I was buying a car I would include my wife in the discussion. I don't bother talking to her about something like this when it is so cheap. It would be like her asking me if she can buy a meal at a restaurant.

McMonster

Tank

I agree with Hal et al - the cash is not the issue requiring marital consent for most, as weewar is great bang for your buck

It's the dang time! I am definitely not asking my wife for permission to spend an hour, or much more , per day killing, and getting killed by, your digital mini-warriors. Despite the potential implications for world peace and the development of my cutting edge strategic thinking skills.

Well maybe I ought to get around to telling her, eh?

demographic data:

male
canadian
sustainable food systems teacher, researcher, writer, speaker, project consultant

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/10/2009 04:21:09

Warmaker

Berserker

Let me add my demographic

28, male, American
Education: Graduating in December (4 year degree, that is)
Careers
2000-2006 USMC
2006-Current John Hancock Long-Term Care Insurance
Married

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2009 18:18:43

General_Death

Tank

Hal2000 wrote:If I was buying a car I would include my wife in the discussion. I don't bother talking to her about something like this when it is so cheap. It would be like her asking me if she can buy a meal at a restaurant.

The money is nothing, it's the fact that it will take away your time and keep you away from her.. lol.. That's when they start to realize the devil in weewar. It's addictive.

I don't have a wife, but if I did, I can assure you I would rather play than talk to her.. Ouch..

Demographic Info:

Education: B.Sc.(psychology), B.Sc.(chemistry), MBA (finance), C.M.A. --> no longer holding the designation, I told them to go F%$^ themselves, was getting sick of their advertising.

working on C.F.A. now, very slowly though.

Career:
2 years monkey accounting
5 years financial and strategic analysis / consulting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2009 22:26:05

RockyDog

Berserker

I think I've posted this before in the old geezers thread but here goes:

Age 37
Male
Married
Programmer/Project Manager

so where are the flood of young school kids. This data so far makes us look like a bunch of middle aged men.

edit: I thought I should add that at least two friends of mine were players for over a year then dropped. Both were men and ages were 36 and 38.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/2009 10:14:36

The_Shrike

Trooper

The young school kids know better than to post their personal information on a public forum filled with strange middle aged men

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next