Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

not quite like pluto's, but you can see damage probabilities to several decimals and hover capturing stats. the weewar specs page states that hovers have a defense terrain bonus on bases of -1, but actual gameplay doesn't reflect this. though harbors and airfields are correctly stated and reflected at -1.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B32AFMUrTSpYODZhNGNhMTktY2IzZi00MmUwLWI1YmEtNmNjZjE4NDMxYTBl&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Shulgin

Tank

nice one. great to have a battle calculator for capturing hovercrafts. what makes you think hovercrafts have -1 defence on bases? the specification page, like pluto's, shows no terraine penalty.

edit: looking at your spreadsheet, you actually have 0 for hovers on bases. also nice to have bridges included, that something else missing in pluto's simulator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/06/2011 22:54:20

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

i must have misread something somewhere about the base def penalty for hovers. they have a penalty for airfields and harbors, though.

and strangely, no def penalty is displayed when you rest your cursor over a bridge while a unit is clicked.

Weeseltown

Raider

hovers have no penalty on repairshops but on bases, harbors and airfields, not sure about bridges.

Shulgin

Tank

Weeseltown wrote:hovers have no penalty on repairshops but on bases, harbors and airfields, not sure about bridges.

what makes you think they have a penalty on bases, casa? according to the specs page i linked to they don't. no penalty on bridges either

Casaubon

Tank

oh my bad, I thought they would

Shulgin

Tank

well maybe they do. i thought you might know something i don't. my understanding is that the values on the specs page are not directly extracted from the code for the calculations,
so there could be typos in the specs tables. i remember spadequack once said he had a look at the actual code to confirm the values for capping hovercrafts...

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

i checked, and hovers do not have a defense penalty on bases nor bridges. though they have a -1 penalty on harbors and airfields.

Shulgin

Tank

beetstreet wrote:i checked, and hovers do not have a defense penalty on bases nor bridges. though they have a -1 penalty on harbors and airfields.

how did you check?

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

something like this:

http://weewar.com/map/55663

i did a couple rounds of 25 attacks each, and compared what the total actual distribution of damage was to what my excel sheet expects. a -1 penalty is the difference between a 50/50 and 20/60/20 distribution.