Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

Bloodaxe_999

Heavy Trooper

Maybe I just have not figured them out but 150 points for a Hvy Troop really seems kind of steep. When a raider for 200 does it all better except move in a hill. I'm thinking they should be 100 maybe 125?

ShindarKing

Trooper

have you seen the damage a heavy trooper can do to jets, or ships when its in a forest or mountains? a raider will never do that. Plus it can capture bases, which raiders cannot.

Bloodaxe_999

Heavy Trooper

I'll have to try it. Though the HT is going to have a rough time catching up with a jet or a ship. Thanks for the tip. may makes them usefull for making air walls if there is a woods handy.

ShindarKing

Trooper

use them as a defensive screen, not a jet-chaser. cheapest way to protect your dfa and other weaker units from airraids.

Garry

Raider

Heavy Troopers are awesome and at a good price. Want to keep those pesky aircraft out of your rear areas? Heavy trooper. Want to screw with his navy at a narrows or keep them from coming next to your shoreline to shoot inland? Heavy troopers. Want to make his tanks stop and take a beating? Heavy troopers. And all that is without terrain bonuses!!

Heavy troopers attack hard targets at 2x the power of a raider. Actually the only power advantage raiders have is in attacking soft targets.

Use your raiders mobility to jump in and hit his soft targets or artillery. Use your heavy troopers to defend against tanks/raiders and screen aircraft. And when he gets in close multi-attack bonus means those heavy troopers can kill tanks!

All for only 150 points! What a deal!

Plasmablaster

Heavy Trooper

Garry wrote:Heavy Troopers are awesome and at a good price. Want to keep those pesky aircraft out of your rear areas? Heavy trooper. Want to screw with his navy at a narrows or keep them from coming next to your shoreline to shoot inland? Heavy troopers. Want to make his tanks stop and take a beating? Heavy troopers. And all that is without terrain bonuses!!

Heavy troopers attack hard targets at 2x the power of a raider. Actually the only power advantage raiders have is in attacking soft targets.

Use your raiders mobility to jump in and hit his soft targets or artillery. Use your heavy troopers to defend against tanks/raiders and screen aircraft. And when he gets in close multi-attack bonus means those heavy troopers can kill tanks!

Hehe, you sound like a salesman. I was almost ready to put an order for a box of heavy troopers!

Nature_God

Tank

Garry wrote:Heavy Troopers are awesome and at a good price. Want to keep those pesky aircraft out of your rear areas? Heavy trooper. Want to screw with his navy at a narrows or keep them from coming next to your shoreline to shoot inland? Heavy troopers. Want to make his tanks stop and take a beating? Heavy troopers. And all that is without terrain bonuses!!

Where can I buy these Heavy Troopers? They sound well worth the money.

Garry

Raider

Special offer - buy in bulk and get a bonus trooper!!

Saint_John

Trooper

i know, i know.. but they are sooooo slow I just get bored

Foul_Territory

Raider

huh?

Daithi

Raider

spammer

thuldai

Raider

Spam without a mission... interesting and confusing. An internet meme?

General_Death

Tank

I disagree, the prices I believe are all pretty solid.. A raider is for 200, but it doesn't have the power to attack from terrain and destroy tanks..

If anything, heavy inf are not expensive enough!.. Their versatility alone has a bundle of value. But like any unit, if not used in context and in the right situation, it will be of no value.

Heavy infantry can attack tanks, planes, destroyers and battleships (and for the relative price, they fuck destroyers right up, especially with a bonus, or from a forest or mountain.

I like the idea of buying in bulk though, .. should definitely be able to buy 10 raiders for cheaper than 2000

JanRoman

Raider

I think there's a bigger problem... many players (even 1600+) still think heavy trooper is just a stronger version of regular trooper. Of course it's not, but they don't know it and I score easy kills while they are attacking my regular troopers with heavy troopers hoping they will deal some sort of magical damage. It's driving me crazy (well, I like bonus points ofc ). Players should go through specification at least once.

I agree with G_D that it's one of the most useful units, but it's a bit hard to use because of low movement points. Price is good I think, don't forget a bunch of heavy troopers can make a shit out of everythng.

Garry

Raider

I want edit perms so I can delete all that spammer crap!!

previous 1 2 next