Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Nici

Trooper

Is there a way to block players from joining a game. I want the game to be open but XYZ should not be able to join.

Thx

Shulgin

Tank

short answer: no

the only thing you can do is to prevent players with a certain rating from joining and thereby excluding this player. you could, for example, specify that no player with a rating higher than 1700 is allowed to join or only players with a rating between 1400 and 1500 are allowed.

Nici

Trooper

Thanks. That is not what I want though. It is in regards to players who kick players as soon as they are overdue for 1 second which kills the game.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I would look for people hanging around the community chat for a game. Most people there will not boot you when you are a second over the time limit, in my opinion. You can also ask people there what their preferences are to booting and invite only those who won't boot you from a game. As you play more games, try to prefer players that have played nicely in the past and invite them for another game. That's what I usually do even though it means I don't often play people I haven't played before.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/04/2010 16:55:10

RockyDog

Berserker

here's a complicated work around:
set an open game. if someone joins that you dont want - abandon that game and start another.
this time directly invite all the players you did want, and just find one more to substitute for the cracker you had to dump.

If you can't think of a suitable sucker to invite:
1) check the COMMUNITY:Available players list
2) invite EgoBruiser/stirling/corsair/somar96/yourtime/general_death/etc... plenty of reliable players out there.
3) check the preferred player list from some of the folks you like, its likely that they are of the same mindset you are about booting/skipping.