WeeWar Times for Pete’s Sake by Vagus 50% [ 14 ]
WeeWar Times Wetlands by Nature_God 32% [ 9 ]
Weewar Times Square by Stirlingxa 18% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

http://weewartimes.com/2010/02/25/2010-weewar-times-map-contest-finalists-selected/
Here are your finalists:

1. WeeWar Times for Pete’s Sake by Vagus

2. WeeWar Times Wetlands by Nature_God

3. Weewar Times Square by Stirlingxa

Your votes determine the winner of 1 year of Pro! Comments are welcome. Please keep in mind that we're looking for a good tournament map, and be sure to favorite all the maps you like even if you can only vote for 1!

Poll is open for 7 days

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/05/2013 15:10:55

Warmaker

Berserker

You listed StirlingXA twice on the links, yo.

And I'm not campaigning for one person, but one of these maps is seriously solid.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

thanks - fixed

RockyDog

Berserker

I think you have the wrong Vagus map in the finals. What happened to this one

its so wicked it took stirling to convince vagus and me that it is indeed fair.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Glad you like it, be sure to favorite it! That one has gotten a lot of compliments.

Shulgin

Tank

RockyDog wrote:I think you have the wrong Vagus map in the finals. What happened to this one

its so wicked it took stirling to convince vagus and me that it is indeed fair.

i'm with rockydog here. i tested this map a lot with vagus and i loved the game play on it, which is quite different from most of the other maps out there. in my opinion this map deserves to be a finalist. having said that, the chosen maps do look intriguing as well

Darkbee

Berserker

Does anyone else get an internal server error when they try to click the links to the 3 different maps?

The_Shrike

Trooper

Works for me from here and the WeeWar Times post

How did you know my last name was Else? Hacker!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/02/2010 14:18:27

Darkbee

Berserker

Anyone wrote:Works for me from here and the WeeWar Times post

How did you know my last name was Else? Hacker!

Don't worry, your email address and Paypal account details are perfectly safe with me!

Somar96

Tank

I actually think choosing Stirling as a finalist wasn't a good choice as he doesn't need a year of pro - he doesn't play anymore. From the 2 left, I like the Wetlands more. And I certainly don't know why Vagus's map is winning the poll with such a high result.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I'm playing a game with him right now, and no one NEEDS a year of pro.

It's a contest not charity, vote for the best map.

Nature_God

Tank

Wow! I cannot believe my map made it into the final 3 - who ever picked it as one of the finalist, thank you very much

I would just like to add that my map is not actually perfect in design. 8,2 should have a water hex instead of a plain hex so that it is the same as the opposite side. It does not make much difference at all, but just thought I would mention. - my excuse (which i just made up) is that I did not want the map to be prefect as the imperfection represents human nature and that we all make mistakes, specially when playing weewar

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/02/2010 16:33:13

Vagus

Raider

Interesting...

You picked the map I never won on in testing. Red or Blue, it didn't matter. Everyone I played crushed me.

McMonster

Tank

sad that all the finalists are small relatively geometric maps. there could have been some variety here. tournaments happen on all kinds of maps - from Stirlings Europe to Aruba, so that really doesn't explain it.

that said, i look forward to testing these and voting; i admit my bias for real world and historical over geometric maps - which is also an admission that i am griping because i would have liked to have seen my entry selected, of course; this contest is a super-great idea and i think it's tygerdave who deserves a free year of pro

if only he'd play me in a rated game, i might gift it to him

Darkbee

Berserker

Part of the criteria for the maps were to be small and playable over a short period of time. Perhaps Tyger, you might like to attach the criteria to the original post to help users further judge the maps.

previous 1 2 3 4 next